cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J-link EDU/LPC link2 with jlink firmware

Luky
Contributor II

Hi,

I think about buy programmer/debugger for my project with kinetis device. I want to use small kinetis KE04  which is supported in Codewarrior IDE and Kinetis Design Studio. I need cheap programmer/debugger. Are J-link EDU or LPC link2 with jlink firmware compatible with these IDEs? Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Luky
Contributor II

How is situation with LPC-Link2 with CMSIS-DAP firmware? Are kinetis devices supported by this firmware and is KDS working with CMSIS-DAP or MCUXpresso IDE only?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

With LPC-Link2 and CMSIS-DAP (LinkServer) firmware and MCUXPresso IDE, it supports both Kinetis and LPC devices.

KDS has some very (very) basic support for CMSIS-DAP, and I don't recommend that combination.

Anyway, I recommend using the MCUXpresso IDE, as this has replaced KDS and MCUXpresso has many more and better features plus supports more probes including the LPC-Link2.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Both CodeWarrior and MCUXpresso IDE support all kind of Segger J-Link debug probes, including the J-Link EDU or LPC-Link2 with Segger firmware. But keep in mind that with the Segger firmware on the LPC-Link2 you will only be able to debug LPC devices (not Kinetis).

0 Kudos