cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there PE support for FRDM-KL27Z

Jump to solution
snricmn
Contributor II

There is no option for KL27Z on KDSv3 for Processor Expert(also in Kinetis Project v1.2.x) I can only create project with SDKV2.x where there is no processor expert.

Did they drop PE support for KL27Z. Only kl24 25 26 have PE support for kl2.x series

Adsız.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ahmet

Yes, but it is only supported with SDK 1.3. You need to install the Eclipse update for full board and SDK support in KDS.

Go to Help->install new software->Add->Archive and select the update from the <sdk_1.3>\tools\eclipse_update

Hope this information helps you
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ahmet

Yes, but it is only supported with SDK 1.3. You need to install the Eclipse update for full board and SDK support in KDS.

Go to Help->install new software->Add->Archive and select the update from the <sdk_1.3>\tools\eclipse_update

Hope this information helps you
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
snricmn
Contributor II

I downloaded Kinetis SDK 1.3.0 Mainline and Go to Help->install new software->Add->Archive and select the update from the <sdk_1.3>\tools\eclipse_update as you indicated and now under Kinetis 1.X Project or PE Project I can see all boards.

But even if i can start a processor expert project with kl27z now if i choose a pe component like BitIO it says this component is not supported for this mcu. And previously where i was able to do this for kl26z now it cannot be used either i think their support is dropped

0 Kudos
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ahmet

Yes, as my colleague Erich mentioned PE support has stopped for new parts. So the only way that you can use PE in KL27Z is with SDK components, which does not included components like BitIO.

Best Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos
snricmn
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks now everything is clear i found that there is sdk component options and they can be used. Complicated than setting registers tho.

Thanks for your answers

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, PE support has stopped for new parts.

There is way to have some level of Processor Expert for new parts with the Kinetis SDK v2.0, see for example

mcuoneclipse/Examples/KDS/FRDM-KL27Z/FRDM-KL27Z_McuOnEclipseLib at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse... 

I plan to write an article about that approach if there is interest. Basically it is using another device (e.g. KL25Z) to generate code for KL27Z.

Erich

0 Kudos
snricmn
Contributor II

Hi Erich

Along with other answer i figured it out. Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos