cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need for a Jlink bootloader MK20DX128VFM5 project for the FRDM-K82F board

Jump to solution
benmccormick
Contributor III

Just got the FRDM-K82F board Saturday. When following the video instructions on "How to get started"  found at www.nxp.com/FRDM-K82F/startnow, when following the step, of pressing the reset button and plugging in the board. The bootloader directory shows up in the File Explorer, as it should. But when I moved the

"Jlink_OpenSDA_V2_1_2015-10-13.bin" file to the bootloader directory in the explorer window, the PC gave me an error message box saying that the file can not be found.

Now the FRDM board is not recognized when I plug in the USB cable with the reset button down or up. I'm guessing the bootloader is broke.

I can load new projects into the board using the MK82FN256VLL15 10 processor via its 10pin-JTAG connector.

I also can load new projects for the MK20DX128VFM5 processors via its 10pin Jtag connector. (The SDA USB bootloader chip).

If anyone has an SDA Jlink elf file, then I can reprogram the MK20DX128VFM5 through the JTAG connector.

I have no knowledge of how to program a bin file using the Segger hardware debugger. I tried to do it in the debugger source tab, but no joy.

Thanks,

Ben

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ben,

Attached is ZIP with a binary and s-record file of the FRDM-K82F k20dx128 debugger firmware.

I used CW10.6 with Segger JLink to extract the binary/s-record.

I then used KDS_3.0 to create a new PE project for k20dx128 device (had to use PE to change the processor package but you actually probably do not need to do this set) with Segger JLink.  I ran the test project on the k20dx128 on the FRDM-K82F to see that it was working.  Then used the "lightning bolt" to program the s-record to the k20dx128 to get the debug bootloader working again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

3 Replies
benmccormick
Contributor III

HI David,

Thanks! That got the board back on its feet.

Best Regards,

Ben

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Good to know.  Thanks for updating the post as I'm sure it will help others too.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ben,

Attached is ZIP with a binary and s-record file of the FRDM-K82F k20dx128 debugger firmware.

I used CW10.6 with Segger JLink to extract the binary/s-record.

I then used KDS_3.0 to create a new PE project for k20dx128 device (had to use PE to change the processor package but you actually probably do not need to do this set) with Segger JLink.  I ran the test project on the k20dx128 on the FRDM-K82F to see that it was working.  Then used the "lightning bolt" to program the s-record to the k20dx128 to get the debug bootloader working again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David