I have a FRDM-KL03Z development board and I would like to use KDS, but the board is doesn't appear?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a FRDM-KL03Z development board and I would like to use KDS, but the board is doesn't appear?

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

In my Kinetis Design Studio IDE (2.0.0), I am trying to start a new project (Kinetis Design Studio Project), unfortunately the FRDM-KL03Z doesn't appear

as a selection?  I do see the FRDM-K64F, which I also have?

I downloaded the following : KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z

I am not sure where to go from here, I need help?

Thanks,

Neil

Labels (1)
3 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Neil,

please, use the newest KSDK 1.1. and it appears with KL03Z.

Please install it according to your platform

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

ksdk.png

If you use KSDK 1.0. is needed special standalone patch.

I hope it helps,

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Not sure why they only have a couple of the boards, but I never had a problem making a project to target the processor and not the board.  For the FRDM-KE06 I just targeted the KE06Z processor on the board and it worked fine.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Neil Porven:

All new support in KDS comes with the KSDK releases but an Eclipse Update needs to be installed first. I recommend you to download the latest version of KSDK (v1.1.0) and install the support following instructions in the next document:

How to install Kinetis SDK 1.1.0 support in KDS 2.0.0

David Sherman:

Only the boards supported by the KSDK platform are listed under "Boards".

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos