How to disable User repositories for Processor Expert?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable User repositories for Processor Expert?

Jump to solution
epileftric
Contributor II

Is there a way to disable the user repositories or at least change the folders? Since it's really annoying that the IDE creates 2 folders in my HOME folder.

I've already unchecked them on the  "repositories and paths" section over Processor Expert in Preferences. But still every time I open KDS it creates those folders again.

This might not be as painful as it seams for Windows users, but in Linux it is. It's like somebody coming to your house and leaving a box full of unwanted stuff in the middle of the living room.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the MyComponents directory creation can be fixed by two steps:

1. disabling the Repository in Window | Preferences | Processor Expert | Repositories and Paths

2. editing file eclipse/ProcessorExpert/Config/Repositories/My_Components.cfg  - in the XML tag CreateRepositoryDirectory change value true->false.

Regarding the "Processor Expert" directory. You have to create environment variable ALLUSERSPROFILE with the name of existing directory and always be exported. e.g. creating small one liner script like this:

ALLUSERSPROFILE=/writable/dir/something ./kinetis-design-studio

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi,

processor expert use its own file structure to manage files. user can not modify this structure arbitrarily.

however CW has setting that allowed user to modify the folder name.

please see attached video of how to change "Source" folder to "Source1" as an example.

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
epileftric
Contributor II

I was talking about this two folders: http://imgur.com/BdXEpTh

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the MyComponents directory creation can be fixed by two steps:

1. disabling the Repository in Window | Preferences | Processor Expert | Repositories and Paths

2. editing file eclipse/ProcessorExpert/Config/Repositories/My_Components.cfg  - in the XML tag CreateRepositoryDirectory change value true->false.

Regarding the "Processor Expert" directory. You have to create environment variable ALLUSERSPROFILE with the name of existing directory and always be exported. e.g. creating small one liner script like this:

ALLUSERSPROFILE=/writable/dir/something ./kinetis-design-studio

Regards,

Libor

epileftric
Contributor II

Thank you so much! It worked like charm!

0 Kudos