Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How switch from debug to release build?

Jump to solution
rémiraynaud
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I'm with KDS 2.0 and SDK 1.1.0 and PEx.

I don't have release build initially configured, I have to create a new configuration with Release Default Configuration.

When I build my project with this new config it's appeared :

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
Program "" not found in PATHserial_test_project_k22f_ksdk1.1.0C/C++ Problem

Do I have to install release build?

Regards,

Rémi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Remi,

Let's see Debug and Release in the Desktop case:

In the Desktop World, ‘Debug’ and ‘Release’ builds have following typical meaning:

1. Debug builds have debugging and symbolic information included. The compiler is not optimizing to make debugging ‘easier’.
  2. Release builds have the debugging and symbolic information (Dwarf in ELF/Dwarf files) stripped off. Optimizations are enabled for best performance or code density.

By default, debug and release mode is the same in CW10. in a MQX project, the difference between debug mode and release mode is optimization level setting.

In debug mode: optimization level is 1.

In release mode: optimization level is 4.

You can also refer Erich blog for this topic

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/06/01/debug-vs-release/

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Do you want to flash your project to chip ?

If yes , in KDS, after you build. directly  click here :pastedImage_0.png  .

If not,   please tell me what about your "configuration with Release Default Configuration."

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
rémiraynaud
Contributor III

Hello Alice,

No I want to build my project with release configuration (optimization)

error.bmp

But I don't have the choice : just debug...

Best regards

Rémi

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Remi,

Let's see Debug and Release in the Desktop case:

In the Desktop World, ‘Debug’ and ‘Release’ builds have following typical meaning:

1. Debug builds have debugging and symbolic information included. The compiler is not optimizing to make debugging ‘easier’.
  2. Release builds have the debugging and symbolic information (Dwarf in ELF/Dwarf files) stripped off. Optimizations are enabled for best performance or code density.

By default, debug and release mode is the same in CW10. in a MQX project, the difference between debug mode and release mode is optimization level setting.

In debug mode: optimization level is 1.

In release mode: optimization level is 4.

You can also refer Erich blog for this topic

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/06/01/debug-vs-release/

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
patricio
Contributor IV

Hello ZhangJennie, 

I have the same inquiere that Remi had. 

I am working with a TWR-K64F120M and Kinetis KDS V3.2.0 with Processor Expert and not SDK. I see that KDS has not the option to build in Release, or at least I am not able to find it. Does it have this option?

In my project, I need to toggle a GPIO pin as fast as possible, and I would like to build in Release with highest optimization.

Thank you in advance. 

Best regards. 

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aitor,

Normally when we create a new project with KDS wizard, we don't see "release" and "debug" option. these options exist in some demo code, for example, MQX demo.

If you need it, you need configure it by yourself.

Step 1. Create a new build configuration. Right click on the project name, “Build Configurations”, “Manage…”, “New” to create a new Build Configuration.

pastedImage_1.png

step2, if "Debug" is already there, create new for "Release"

pastedImage_2.png

step 3. configure each of the configurations in properties.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

patricio
Contributor IV

Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Best Regards,

Jennie.

0 Kudos