Fatal linker include error: no file or directory

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal linker include error: no file or directory

jmward
Contributor I

Hi, I'm new to the Kinetis Line of MCU's and the KDS Toolchain so forgive my ignorance about this relatively simple problem.

Any time I create a project, or modify a demo program to include a library file from the "includes" directory in the project structure, my include statements get marked as an error as the linker cannot apparently find the files I try to include. This also goes for header files from the SDK platform library, or even for my own application code files. Normally, eclipse itself can resolve my includes (I can hit Open Declaration and it opens the correct file), but it won't build at all.

Even more perplexing, on another project, I have used Processor Expert to generate driver code for me, and some of that generated code has the exact same issue (I didn't even touch it!). In this case, one of the generated files (Cpu.h) fails to include fsl_device_registers.h properly, or any other file for that matter.

When I build, I get this error in the console:

C:/Freescale/kl02_workspace/periph_test_proj/Generated_Code/Cpu.h:70:34: fatal error: fsl_device_registers.h: No such file or directory

If I comment out that inclusion, the it trips on the very next line, which includes "fsl_clock_manager.h".

I have tried adding folders to the includes list for the ARM C Linker/Compiler/Assembler in

Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build

Setup:

Win 7 64 bit

Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0, with KSDK 1.3.0 Eclipse Update

KSDK 1.3.0

KL02Z32 FRDM Board

Thanks for any tips and pointers you might have,

JW

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

harshpatel
Contributor IV

Hello 

I have attached processor expert sample code for kl02z32vfm4. Try to build this code in your system. if this code will not build in your system then i suggest re-install KDS and KSDK properly. Also try to build default examples of same controller/board. 

Let me know if any....

Thanks & regards

Harsh

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi James,

in KDS, include path for the build is configured in

Project - Properties - C/C++ Build - Settings - Tool Settings - Cross ARM C Compiler - Includes - Include paths

If this does not help, can you attach your project?

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

jmward
Contributor I

Unfortunately, that suggestion did not work. 

Here are my two projects that are being bugged by this, both baremetal KL02 projects. The first is standalone made by the project generator, the second is a Processor Expert Project.

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi James,

the projects you send does not contain toolchain configuration for KDS. ".cproject" contains configuration

"<toolChain id="net.sourceforge.usbdm.cdt.arm.exe.release.toolchain.1317240884" name="ARM-USBDM ToolChain" ...

which is not in KDS by default. I have no expirience with that extension so cannot help more.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos