FRDM-K64F not restarting after power cycle and being programmed with SEGGER JLINK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F not restarting after power cycle and being programmed with SEGGER JLINK

giacomopetrini
Contributor IV

Hi,

so (with KDS 2.0.0) I program my FRDM-K64F, I can debug and run the program as long as I keep the debug interface connected to the FRDM via the USB cable.

If I power cycle the board (and the debug is then closed) the program doesn't start anymore.

If I use openOCD the program "survives" the power cycle (but I don't want to use openOCD, is too slow).

How can download the program using segger jlink make it work without the debug console attached?

Thanks

Best Regards

Giacomo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

oaf
Contributor IV

Hi,

We have struggled with FRDM-K64 and Segger as well, we think it may be some issue with the K64 power, which is controlled by the OpenSDA uC.

What seems to be a method is:

1. Power the board, in the 2nd USB port (NOT the openSDA)

2. Power the openSDA if you want the RS232-USB

I could not explain why, but so far we think this is the way to do it..

0 Kudos

giacomopetrini
Contributor IV

Thanks but it doesn't seem a power related problem because with the test_led project all behave correctly.

So I think that something is wrong in some configuration but I don't know where...

0 Kudos

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Maybe you will find useful this thread related to the issue:

FRDM-K64F booting issue when powered from USB port

First, you can try to use the MBED firmware to program the Board and check if the issue is persistent with the MBED firmware. When this firmware is used the CMSIS DAP option should be selected in the KDS debugger.

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

giacomopetrini
Contributor IV

Thanks, interesting but that was not my issue: I was powering the board through the openSDA port.

Anyway it was some misconfiguration because I created a new project, imported the files (had some fight with KDS because of the includes paths) and now it's all working correctly.

Thank anyway

Regards Giacomo

0 Kudos

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Good to know that now is working! :smileyhappy:

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Giacomopetrini,

Could you share your project with us? that way we can help you investigate on what is causing this issue. If your project is confidential you can create a new demo project where we can reproduce the issue.

Best regards!

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos

giacomopetrini
Contributor IV

Hi,

I created a new project (blinking led) using KSDK 1.0.0 KDS 2.0.0 and PE and the program is retained between power cycles.

So probably is a misconfiguration somewhere. Nay ideas where to look? Both settings in Debug configuration are the same...

Best Regards

Giacomo

0 Kudos