FRDM-K64F board with KDS_3.0.0, KSDK_1.3.0 and GNU_ARM_Eclipse_tools.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F board with KDS_3.0.0, KSDK_1.3.0 and GNU_ARM_Eclipse_tools.

Jump to solution
daveyoung
Contributor II

I am using a FRDM-K64F board with KDS_3.0.0, KSDK_1.3.0 and GNU_ARM_Eclipse_tools.

I have imported the "bubble_level_ftm_frdmk64f" example and compiled it with no Errors. When I run the Debug I receive the following error message:

"An internal error occurred during: 'Launching bubble_level_ftm_frdmk64f debug cmsisdap'.

ilg.gnuarmeclipse.debug.gdbjtag.dsf.GnuArmServicesFactory.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V"

Does anyone have any tips as to how I can find the cause of this error any rectifie the problem

regards

David Young

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

I just ran your test mostly successfully.  The first time I tried to grab control it wouldn't but with FRDM-K64F sometimes a re-plug of USB cable (and optional press reset button) before trying to Debug helps.  The error I got was:

ScreenHunter_189 Oct. 21 13.35.gif

First off do you have the latest FRDM-K64F MBED firmware?  Go here to check and/or get it: Firmware FRDM K64F - Handbook | mbed

My version when opening the MBED drive DETAILS.TXT is "Version: 0221".  The latest.

Second when you have plugged in the FRDM-K64F has it enumerated as following picture shows?

ScreenHunter_187 Oct. 21 13.30.gif

Third once the library and application are compiled, and you are going to debug the application do you have the following settings shown in your DEbug Configuration window:

ScreenHunter_188 Oct. 21 13.34.gif

Once I clicked Debug I was ready to go and run without issue.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

4 Replies
daveyoung
Contributor II

Thank you for your replies.

I have changed from Mbed to PEmicro, because I am using a PC with windows 8.1. Now I can load example programs.

Can anyone tell me where I will find information about the system variables of such as KSDK_PATH?

David

0 Kudos
daveyoung
Contributor II

Found variables defined in KSDK Help.

Ton more brings another day of detective work, trying to find the answers to my errors

DAVID

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

in addition to David reply. I also have some comments.

1. first i suggest you remove .metadata in your current workspace to remove old associations. then restart KDS agian.

2. then i suggest you test the problem is in a specific project or a common issue for all project. you can create a new K64F project with wizard then test if it can be downloaded to flash successfully.

if this new project have connection problem too, I suggest you check the connection problem with this article:

Summary of FRDM-K64F open source debug interface

3. if the problem is only in bubble_level_ftm_frdmk64f sample. let's go through it.

a,  make sure ksdk_platform_lib_K64F12 project is built before bubble_level_ftm_frdmk64f.

b, clean bubble_level_ftm_frdmk64f  and rebuild it.

c,  check device manager, what connection interface does your board contains? choose the correct interface for launching debugger.

d, I made video of bubble_level_ftm_frdmk64f launching debugger on my side. please fyi.

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

I just ran your test mostly successfully.  The first time I tried to grab control it wouldn't but with FRDM-K64F sometimes a re-plug of USB cable (and optional press reset button) before trying to Debug helps.  The error I got was:

ScreenHunter_189 Oct. 21 13.35.gif

First off do you have the latest FRDM-K64F MBED firmware?  Go here to check and/or get it: Firmware FRDM K64F - Handbook | mbed

My version when opening the MBED drive DETAILS.TXT is "Version: 0221".  The latest.

Second when you have plugged in the FRDM-K64F has it enumerated as following picture shows?

ScreenHunter_187 Oct. 21 13.30.gif

Third once the library and application are compiled, and you are going to debug the application do you have the following settings shown in your DEbug Configuration window:

ScreenHunter_188 Oct. 21 13.34.gif

Once I clicked Debug I was ready to go and run without issue.

Regards,

David