Error with Drag n Drop on .BIN file - FRDM K64FFFF

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Drag n Drop on .BIN file - FRDM K64FFFF

guillermobustos
Contributor I

Hi, I've been trying to drag and drop the .bin compiled file and I had a FAIL.TXT that says "The interface firmware ABORTED programming. Image is trying to set security bits". Ive been looking for the same problem in other forum and i couldnt figer out how to fix it.

When i want to download the .bin file, the SDAv2's led stay in red,

I use KDS software with Processor Expert and compile a simple program that blinks a led. KDS compiler doesn't show me any error, and generate .bin file, so i think i am not doing any mistake in the code.

Information i have read: AN4507 AN4835 That explains the Flash Protection bits on flash memory but i didn't try anything because i dont want to brick the board.

The only way a can download my firmware on to the microcontroller from KDS is using "Flash From File"... but that use an .elf file that is heavier than a .bin file...

I want to compile using KDS, generate .BIN file and after that use the Drag and Drop to download it on the chip

The other thing i tried was upgrading SDAv2 firmware to Version: 0226, but i'm still having the same problem...

When i use Mbed compiler from internet, i dont have this problem.. i compiled some of the examples, generate the .bin file.. use Drag and Drop and everything works fine.. but I need to use KDS

To make the led blink example i followed this tutorial.. but they work with a private P&E Micro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxTEF595tj4&list=PL_FVGdz2y2gIl5nRl50CYkyDznhQGx3CA&index=19

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Guillermo,

I'm using the MBED debugger firmware and can drag-n-drop the attached binaries I generated for FRDM-K64F using KSD_3.0+KSDK_1.3+PE.

The following great blog shows how to configure KDS to generate binary:

Binary (and S19) Files for the mbed Bootloader with Eclipse and GNU ARM Eclipse Plugins | MCU on Ecl...

Regards,

David

0 Kudos