cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does KEA128 support DMA, I need a UART DMA sample

Jump to solution
vaughn
Contributor II

There's no DMA description on KEA128 RM, is this mean no DMA support on KEA128?

If it support DMA, do anybody give an UART DMA transmit/receive sample? I want to implement a receive with an idle interrupt, transmit with any length.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi xiaofeng,

Do you meaning do not use interrrupt . Yes, you can also use polling mode ,

check the TX/RX flag status . There is also the polling demo under Typical Usage:

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Yes, it doesn't support DMA .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
vaughn
Contributor II

Thanks, Yang.

I want to minimize the RX/TX interrupt number, some thing just like DMA do:

1), when TX data finished, an interrupt to notify me that, it finished, then i could update user defined TX finished status, and

2), when RX line is idle, an interrupt to notify me that, there's no more data.

I do not know is this robust?

The following file is KEA128's UART driver and Events.c, i want to optimize it if possible.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi xiaofeng,

Do you meaning do not use interrrupt . Yes, you can also use polling mode ,

check the TX/RX flag status . There is also the polling demo under Typical Usage:

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos
vaughn
Contributor II

Hi Yang, I think it's not practical which PE does is that OnBlockReceived event require we have to know that the number to be receive. And the polling method may lost frame if receiving loop slow.

What I need is that:

1, if block sending finished, there's interrupt to notify me, then I can set transmit finish flag(or call it transmit idle).

2, when receiving, I want to avoid RX interrupt on each receive byte in interrupt mode which is low efficient, OR receiving byte maybe lost in polling mode.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
vaughn
Contributor II

And the other reason I need RX idle interrupt is that, there's a senari is that, the receiving data length unknown.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ,

Sorry , I'm afraid  I don't know what's your problem now .

I recommend you first write your code , then debug , check whether  it can work well

as your requirement . Then you can show the detail question when there is problem .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
vaughn
Contributor II

Thank you Yang.

0 Kudos