Disassembly window doesn't display anything

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disassembly window doesn't display anything

robertbaruch
Contributor III

When I'm debugging my code and I open the Disassembly window, it doesn't do anything. I can hit pause or hit a breakpoint for example, and then hit the Disassembly window's home button which is supposed to display the disassembly at the program counter, but it just shows this:

......... ...

And that's it. Refresh does nothing, none of the other buttons do anything either. Ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

yes, I have seen this sometimes as well. I believe it is related to some race conditions at debugger startup (which thread/context to use), see Bug 337376 – Disassembly view sometimes doesn't update if pinned to a debug context . It is not directly related to KDS as the same problem occurs with Eclipse Luna too. The workaround I have used is to close the view and re-open it with Window > Show Views menu.

I hope this helps,

Erich

robertbaruch
Contributor III

That workaround doesn't work for me (KDS 3.1.0).

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

strange, this always helped on my side. Could you post a screenshot? I believe it depends on where your program counter is, so does it fail as well if your program has reached main()?

Erich

0 Kudos

nxppower912935
Contributor IV

Hi there,

just faced the issue with S32DS for PPC and Erich, your workaround did the trick.

Regards,

Ludwig

0 Kudos