cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Develop for KW20z in KDS (no BLE)

Jump to solution
lokuate
Contributor III

I undestand NXP support for KW20/30/40 is limited to IAR at the moment because the BLE stack only works on IAR... but KW20 does not support BLE.

How can I develop for KW20 in KDS if it does not show on the Board/Processor selection window?

Thanks,

Carlos

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos.

please install attached KW20 update to your KDS3.2. you should be able to find it in wizard list.

Installation:
  - Launch Eclipse
  - Choose the menu Help > Install New Software...
  - Press the Add... Button in the dialog
  - In the next dialog, choose the 'Archive...' button and browse for the KSDK_1.3.0_MKW20Z160xxx4_1.0.0_Eclipse_Update.zip installation package file
  - Then go through the guided update process
  - At the end, you are asked to restart Eclipse

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lokuate
Contributor III

A-ha!!! That did it, thank you Jennie!

Carlos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

KDS3.2 can support KW20 without problem. here is the download link

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE)|NXP 

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

lokuate
Contributor III

Thank you Jennie, Thank you for your help!

On my KDS 3.2.0 on a fresh install I get templates for projects with KW21, KW22 and KW24 not KW20 right off the bat, I presume I need to install additional patches, SDK or Connectivity kits to make it happen... While I have installed several I still don't see the template for KW20 projects can you please let me know what additions you installed for that?

Kindest Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos.

please install attached KW20 update to your KDS3.2. you should be able to find it in wizard list.

Installation:
  - Launch Eclipse
  - Choose the menu Help > Install New Software...
  - Press the Add... Button in the dialog
  - In the next dialog, choose the 'Archive...' button and browse for the KSDK_1.3.0_MKW20Z160xxx4_1.0.0_Eclipse_Update.zip installation package file
  - Then go through the guided update process
  - At the end, you are asked to restart Eclipse

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang