Debugger not finding the port through the pe multilink.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger not finding the port through the pe multilink.

Jump to solution
brendanmerna
Contributor IV

I attached some photos showing the issue. I've had this happen before, but generally it's been resolved by a reset of the multilink, the target micro, kinetis, or the computer. But, just recently I had to reset my computer causing me to lose all my applications. I've been reinstalling them trying to get back to where I was, but the multilink continues not to detect the port no matter what I have done. I reinstalled Kinetis studio, I've installed the PE Micro plugins, I've tried all kind of resets, and nothing works.

One thing I noticed different compared to previous times I've used this debugger is that in the debug configuration under the  "GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging" the icon on the left are usually the blue PEMicro symbol where now its just the regular icon. I feel like this is pointing to the route of the problem of an incorrect plugin or driver install.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
brendanmerna
Contributor IV

Solution found. When installing the Kinetis Studio the PE Multilink was plugged. This disrupts the PE driver installation and caused my issue. I unplugged the PE Multilink and reinstall Kinetis Studio to fix the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
brendanmerna
Contributor IV

Solution found. When installing the Kinetis Studio the PE Multilink was plugged. This disrupts the PE driver installation and caused my issue. I unplugged the PE Multilink and reinstall Kinetis Studio to fix the problem.

0 Kudos