cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use the SDK examples on KDS

juanignaciotroi
Contributor III

Hello

I am trying to give my first steps with the FRDM KL46z, so I am using the tutorial for getting started shown in the NXP website (FRDM-KL46Z|Freedom Development Platform|Kinetis MCU|NXP ). After having intalled the Eclipse Update and the KSDK 1.2.0 Update successfully, an inconvinient turns up. When I go to Import -> Project of projects and select the ones that come with the KL46Z (in<install_dir>/lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/KL46Z4) I am not managing to import this examples, since for the importer's browser, this folder seems to be empty. 

Can anyone help me solving this problem?

Kind regards, 

Juan Ignacio

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Juan,

We need first build the platform library project in KDS IDE, the platform library is

required by the demo. So your step is is import the lib , build it , the path is you said :

(in<install_dir>/lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/KL46Z4)

Then you can import example : KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmkl46z\demo_apps  or

SDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmkl46z\driver_examples .

About the detail steps please refer to  "Getting Started with Kinetis SDK (KSDK) v.1.3.pdf

" (under KSDK_1.2.0\doc) .

If you want use the KSDK1.x, I recommend you use the latest version KSDK1.3.

And also there is KSDKv2.x (This version without Processor Expert) .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

juanignaciotroi
Contributor III

Hello Alice, 

Thank you very much for your help.

I have been following the step which you have mentioned and also the "Getting Started with Kinetis SDK (KSDK) v.1.3.pdf" application note. However, (after having had built succesfully the library and the example) when I go to "Run -> Debug Configurations -> GDB OpenOCD Debugging -> hello_world_frdmkl46z debug" cmsisdap and try to debug, the following error shows up. 

question.png

I hope that you can help me realizing what is not working correctly.

Kind regards, 

Juan Ignacio Troisi

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Juan,

- Please open the Device Manager of you PC to check which debug interface on your board.

For example on my board ,it is Jlink :

pastedImage_1.png

The Kinetis Design Studio software development tools
supports the following debug adapters for debugging
applications on a Freescale Kinetis device.
• OpenOCD - On-board OpenSDA debug interface
running the ARM® mbed™ project CMSIS-DAP
firmware.
• P&E USB Multilink Universal and USB Multilink
Universal FX debug adapters.
• SEGGER J-Link and J-Trace debug adapters.

- After check , please refer to the KDS_USER_Guide -> 2.5 Debugging Projects  to debug your project.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

juanignaciotroi
Contributor III

Hello Alice,

Unfortunately it still doesn't works. I am sure that I am following correct the "Getting Started with Kinetis SDK (KSDK) v.1.3.pdf" application note but still can't manage to debug.

There might be a bug.

Kind regards, 

Juan Ignacio

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Juan,

From your another case Not able to debug FRDM KL46z    I know your system is Win8.1,

please use the P&E debug firmware, there is a same question with yours,  refer to it :

hello everyone, recently i have bought frdm kl-46z board. but i got a problem loading driver for win...   

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos