cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not open a SDK v2 file in KDS

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello.

I try to open a SDK v2.2 generated in config tools web site, and KDS do not allow, always show message " Selected directory does not contain Kinetis SDK 2.x for KDS ".

The SDK file was generated for KDS, and KDS has option to generate a Kinetis SDK 2.x project. After download the SDK I unzip in a folder, that I select in KDS project Wizard.
So, what is the problem ??.

Thanks and kind regards

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

ScreenHunter_004.jpg

Tags (2)
9 Replies

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis HS,

there were some changes in SDK v2.2, that requires update of KDS New Project Wizard. Update is available on KDS Update Site or can be downloaded from NXP.com.

I recommend to:

• Select command "main menu - Help - Check For Updates"
  • Select "New Kinetis SDK 2.x Project Wizard" (unselect other options)
  • Confirm

Regards,

Marek Trmac

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Thanks Marek.

I tried to update, but there are no updates, so can not update SDK 2.x Project Wizard.

ScreenHunter_005.jpg

ScreenHunter_006.jpg

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis HS,

check main menu - Help - About - Installation Details. New Project Wizard should be updated to version 2.1, see attached picture:

Capture.PNG

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Yes, mine is with that version, but fail when try to create a project for SDK 2.x

ScreenHunter_007.jpg

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Luis HS, can you let me know, what exactly SDK package are you using and what configuration?

Regards,

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello Marek.

Attached the MK26FN2M0xxx18_manifest.xml file for MK26F microcontroller, in the SDK v2 that I made in config tools web site.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Yes, may see in picture I posted in my before reply, attached again. Its a MK26FN2M0VLQ18 microcontroller, file generated in NXP web site for KDS, SDK version KSDK 2.2.0. File dowloaded, and unzip in a folder, the folder I try to use to generate the SDK 2.x project, but fail.

ScreenHunter_004.jpg

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis,

I think New Project Wizard in your KDS is not updated properly. Here is how it looks on my computer:Capture.PNG

Can you try to remove it and install again:

• Help - About - Installation Details -
  • Select New Kinetis SDK 2.x Project Wizard
  • Click on 'Uninstall' button
  • Help - Install New Software
  • Select 'KDS Update Site' from drop down
  • Select check box 'New Kinetis SDK 2.x Project Wizard'
  • Confirm to install

Hope this helps.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello Marek.

Even with Unistall there were problems, all very strange, after Uninstall the SDK 2 Wizard, it was there yet and with no option to uninstall again. So, finally I have remove all, and install again KDS, and now work fine.

One more question please; Do you know if its possible add Processor Expert to MCUXpresso with support for MK66 and MK26 kinetis microcontrollers ??

I follow these instructions to add Processor Expert to MCUXpresso, but though run, do not support MK66 and MK26.

MCUXpresso IDE: Installing Processor Expert into Eclipse Neon | MCU on Eclipse 

Tutorial: Using Eclipse with NXP MCUXpresso SDK v2 and Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse 

In KDS I had same problem, but installing KSDK 1.3 solved the problem to support MK66/MK26 with Processor Expert, but do not know how to do same with MCUXpresso.

Thank you and kind regards.