Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building hello_frdm64f120m fails with KDS

mauricelauze
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying MQX with KDS1.1.1 and KSDK1.0.0

I have followed all the steps described in "Getting Started with Freescale MQX RTOS for Kinetis SDK.pdf"

build_libs.wsd was imported and BSP, PSP, MQX_stdlib and KSDK_mqx_lib libraries were compiled without any problem, in debug mode.

But when I compile the "Hello" example, i've got the following linker errors :

14875_14875.pngpastedImage_0.png

Have I missed something ?

I just followed the steps in the doc...

Otherwise, I can generate code with Processor Expert and MQX using KDS New project feature.

Any comment will be highly appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Maurice

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Maurice,

After import the related libraries ,  click project->build all , then add the "hello "sample , build .

If there is still a problem ,  you can build the platform driver library correspondent your board (< install _dir>/lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/<board>/)

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

mauricelauze
Contributor III

HI Alice,

I have tried another time from scratch with a new project workspace.

I have imported the FRDMK64F .wsd build lib project and build all. Libs were generated although there were many warnings....

Ksdk platform and mqx libs for the FRDMK64F were added and compiled.

Then I added the "hello" project, but I still have the same linker errors, ie undefined reference to _mqx_kernel_data and _toolchain_startup...

I am a bit disappointed as I have installed twice the KDS1.1.1, KSDK1.0.0 and done the simple steps as described in the getting start doc.

Do you have any idea to look for ?

Thanks,

Maurice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Mauric

Can you give me a screenshot about your kds , the attachment is my screenshot , the five projects must be all have .

1.png

Best Regards

Alice

0 Kudos

mauricelauze
Contributor III

Hello Alice,

Please find here a screenshot of my KDS. The five projects are included and I added the ksdk_platform_lib_K64F12.

There are still some linker errors.... It seems that something is wrong in the project settings as some code is not generated as it should be...

Anyway, I just opened the workspace, followed the steps of the "getting_start" process as I mentioned before.

Previously, I was using KDS1.0.0 Beta and I uninstalled it before installing KDS1.1.1

Thanks for your reply,

Regards

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

mauricelauze
Contributor III

Please take a look at the "problems" screen.

There are a lot of warnings...

The last one is rather strange... C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0\rtos\mqx\config\frdmk64f120m

doesn't exist.

Instead, I have C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0\rtos\mqx\config\board\frdmk64f120m

In the \config directory, I have \board, \common and \mcu

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Can you build  SDK sample without  MQX  successfully?

And  when you installed the SDK, have you select the" MQX_Kernel_4.1.0_for_KSDK " ?

2.png3.png

0 Kudos

mauricelauze
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

I think that I have found out what the problem is...

First, I have installed the kds and ksdk toolchain on a new PC and everything is OK, from compiling "helloworld" down to download code to the board.

So, I wonder why I still have a problem on my previous PC.

I uninstalled CW10.6 as it was still present and deleted all path references to it and then installed kds toolchain.

Now, it is ok...

So I suspect a path setting or environment variable that was wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the support !

Best regards,

Maurice

0 Kudos