Bug: must build twice after PE change in KDS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: must build twice after PE change in KDS

paulderocco
Contributor III

Using KDS 1.1.1. When I change something in any PE component, and wait for the status line in the bottom right to settle down, pressing the Build button doesn't notice the change, so it says "make: nothing to be done for `all'." I have to press it again to get it to rebuild all the generated code and then do a proper make.

If I'm in a Debug perspective and I terminate the session to change something in any PE component, the Debug button does the same thing, but even terminating the session again and pressing Debug again doesn't seem to work. I have to go back to the C/C++ perspective.

Codewarrior didn't have this problem, so this may be a KDS issue.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What host OS are you using? I'm not seeing your problem on my Windows 7:

- change a component (the inspector gets a '*' to mark that it is modified

- press the build/hammer icon

- settings get automatically saved

- processor expert generates automatically code

- build is kicked off and builds the project

Can you check that you have 'save automatically before built' set in your workspace (should be enabled by default) (menu window > help > preferences):

And that your project properties show this:

pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

paulderocco
Contributor III

Those settings match what I've got. This is on Win7Pro, all updates. It doesn't always do it, but usually does. But the key thing is that it doesn't matter how long I wait after changing anything in PE before clicking Build. And the second click on Build always works. If I can find some pattern to why it occasionally works correctly, I'll let you know.

0 Kudos