Best way to change processor memory variant?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to change processor memory variant?

LI_Dave
Contributor III

I have  project on a KL05Z8 and want to move to a larger memory version such as the MKL05Z32.  There doesn't seem to be a simple way to do this.  PE lets you change package types, but not memory sizes.  Am I missing something?  I suppose I could just edit the ROM/RAM areas in the CPU component inspector, but that seems inelegant.

Dave

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello LI_Dave:

You can add the processor from Components Library -> Processors:

pastedImage_5.png

The wizard will prompt you to select the package.

:smileyalert: The wizard will also ask you about the compiler. Make sure that GNU C Compiler is selected, since it is the one used by KDS.

pastedImage_8.png

:smileyinfo: The drawback is that you need to replicate the CPU settings in this new component.

You can choose to remove the previous CPU or leave it so you can jump back to that one if you wish using the context menu -> Component Enabled:

CPU_Enable.png

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LI_Dave
Contributor III

Jorge,

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry for the double post.  I assumed incorrectly that I did something wrong on the first one.

That solution looks good.  It would be really helpful in the future if it were a little easier to move between memory sizes.  Having to manually re-enter the PE config information is time consuming and could result in errors.

Feel free to delete the other duplicate thread.

Regards,

Dave