Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare-board booting

Jump to solution
syed_idris
Contributor III

Hi all,

We are making the bare-board of KL03 boards as per reference design but we are not using OpenSDA section.
We are planning to debug the KL03 by SWD connector through PEmicro multilink universal Fx,  So what is recommended things for us to do for booting up that board ?
Do our KDS work with  KSDK and PE codes?
What are the initial steps to do?

Idris

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi syed idris

As Erich mentioned, you don't have to do anything special, if you plan to use an external debugger (like SWD connector through PEmicro multilink universal Fx), we recommend to check the KLQRUG (http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/quick_ref_guide/KLQRUG.pdf), unit 2. General System setup, section 2.1.5.1 Debug interface. Here you will find hardware considerations for debug interface. As Erich mentioned, keep an eye on the reset line (pull-up, capacitor), and also the state of NMI pin.

Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
syed_idris
Contributor III

Thanks BlackNight​, jorge_a_vazquez​​,
It worked successfully :smileyhappy:
But after power reset it is not running the previous debugged code.
Every power reset need to debug again.
what could be the reason?
Do we need buffers to store the code or what else?

Idris

0 Kudos
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Syed idris

Are you using semihosting in your project? could you share your project to try to find your issue in my side?

Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
syed_idris
Contributor III

I am not using semihosting, I did just LED blinking code. It's working fine but if I remove the power and give power it again so LED is not blinking.

for every power reset it needs me to debug the code again.

I think it is not storing the code.
Is this problem related to IDE?

idris

0 Kudos
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi syed idris

Sorry for the late reply, Are you still having this problem? KDS default configurations should stored your code in flash, so I don't think this is a IDE problem, could you share your project to try it in my side?

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos
syed_idris
Contributor III

Hi Jorge,
Thanks for your support, it was showing same problem but I flashed the .srec file of project instead of .elf file.
Now after power reset the code is working.:smileyhappy:

Idris

0 Kudos
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi syed idris

As Erich mentioned, you don't have to do anything special, if you plan to use an external debugger (like SWD connector through PEmicro multilink universal Fx), we recommend to check the KLQRUG (http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/quick_ref_guide/KLQRUG.pdf), unit 2. General System setup, section 2.1.5.1 Debug interface. Here you will find hardware considerations for debug interface. As Erich mentioned, keep an eye on the reset line (pull-up, capacitor), and also the state of NMI pin.

Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Idris,

You don't have to do anything special, but keep an eye on the reset line (pull-up, capacitor). Below is what we use for a K20 (tinyK20, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/02/16/how-to-put-the-kinetis-k20-on-the-tinyk20-board-into-bootloader-... )

pastedImage_0.png

The UART1_RX and TX are non-standard (we use that for a UART-2-USB bridge).

And you can use the KL03 with Kinetis Design Studio and the Kinetis SDK. About Processor Expert keep mind that the SDK V2.0 does not support Processor Expert.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
syed_idris
Contributor III

Ok, means when we power up the board then it will be in bootloader mode,
then directly can we use sample codes of KDS to debug the KL03?
Don't it need to flash a new firmware? If yes, how to flash a new firmware?

Idris

0 Kudos