trouble shooting to test motors 3 and 4 issues. stop spinning.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble shooting to test motors 3 and 4 issues. stop spinning.

smaeung
Contributor I

Hi,  I completed assembly the drone , and integrated with QGroundcontrol.  during the motor testing,  the motors  3, and 4 was not working.  it was spinning a little bits, and stopped.    any suggestion what I should take ?  I just made video the issue as bleow.

https://youtu.be/qVnSPyEHu4g

0 Kudos
6 Replies

iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The long screws likely damaged the windings of the motor and so replacing them will not correct the problem. Please start an RMA and we will replace the damaged motor(s).

0 Kudos

iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@smaeung Please start an RMA request for the damaged parts. We will replace these under warranty. I will send you a direct message.

0 Kudos

GeraldP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, there are several to check:

1) check if you have used the right screws for mounting the motors. There are short and long screws in the kit. The short ones must be used. The longer ones are damaging the coils. 

2) ESC calibration needs to be done. 

Information on both can be found on the hovergames gitbook.

0 Kudos

smaeung
Contributor I

still having the same issue for motors 3 and 4 were not working properly. as I described the above video.   I re-bootloader px4 1.11.1 stable version through QGroundControl, and recalibrated all sensors, radio, battery, and ESC calibration as well. all status were green and passed, but still motor 3 and 4 were not working properly.  it started a little bit spinning, and stop.  

is there a way to check whether it might be hardware issue or wire issue ?   I am sure that wire fully connected based on the steps manual from NXP manual. 

0 Kudos

GeraldP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you have done the ESC calibration as stated i guess you have used maybe the wrong screws.

0 Kudos

smaeung
Contributor I

it was wrong screws as black color.   I replaced them with small screws, but still motor 3 is not properly responding.   the motor 1, 2, and 4 motors are working properly during the motor testing on QGroundControl. 

I am not sure what was wrong on the motor 3 and its ECS connector and wires ?.   I rechecked the wires were connected properly.   this is my recording the issue. 

https://youtu.be/SbpBnpvNQLY

any comments will be appreciated. 

0 Kudos