I tried to follow the step #4 (https://nxp.gitbook.io/hovergames/userguide/flying/before-you-fly ) to arm the Hovergame drone but it failed on my step 2 below. The four motors do not spin at all.
Arm the drone, which is a two-step process involving both the drone and the RC transmitter:
Arm on the drone-side by pressing and holding the safety switch on the GPS module, until it starts blinking faster.
Arm on the RC transmitter-side by holding the left stick to the bottom right, until the safety switch and RGB LED on the FMU glow solid. A some help on how to troubleshoot this? t this point the drone is armed!
There are a number of failsafes and steps before the drone will arm and the motors spin.
I don't think we heard a final resolution from @raymond_ytsiu , but i do think at one point he had the usb cable still connected to the FMU, and the drone will definitely not arm with that cable connected (unless very specific overrides are turned on)
Can you give more details as to what your specific situation is?
- Calibrated all the sensors
- checked that you have RC communication working right
- Telemetry working to the drone?
- What errors are showing in QGroundControl if any? (there is a pre-flight checklist and also a warning box area.)
- do you have a GPS lock
- has the arming switch been pressed on the GPS
- is there a kill switch configured in failsafe settings that may be on?
- could you have set a GEOFENCE and maybe you are outside it?
- Do you hear the motor ESCs make their power up tune-sound.
- have you tested the motors manually with the propellers off?
Happy to help - please share a bit more detail.