Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QGC PX4 Firmware Issue

Jump to solution
loganlamm17
Contributor II

Hello,

I recently finished uploading the bootloader and JLink debugging code into the FMU. I followed the process that was provided by the NXP Hovergames drone tutorial, and downloaded the QGC software to connect to the drone; thus input individual code with MAVLink. However, I ran into an issue with trying to upgrade the firmware and connect to the software. The message came up where the FMU time-ed out trying to connect to the software. I believe one issue is that I haven't used an updated QGC application since I downloaded it in October of 2021. I used the same bin codes from the NXP site, so I don't believe there is an issue with the binary codes for the firmware. What is the possible solution to this? I am so close to completing my project, and I don't want to be held back because of this.

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
loganlamm17
Contributor II

I was able to retry installing the bootloader via the JLink debugger. I made sure to write 0x0 after including the file name for the loadbin command. This fixed the issue of connecting the FMU to the QGC Software.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Does the Troubleshooting fix this issue? I will move this question to HoverGames Drone Challenge community.

Best Regards,
Robin

0 Kudos
loganlamm17
Contributor II

I was able to retry installing the bootloader via the JLink debugger. I made sure to write 0x0 after including the file name for the loadbin command. This fixed the issue of connecting the FMU to the QGC Software.

0 Kudos