NAVQ seems mysterious!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVQ seems mysterious!

kayboku
Contributor I

Up until now I have developed the software I need on my Raspberry pi, using opencv, gstreamer etc. It seems easy to setup and get going, just install rasbian image onto the sd card, put the card in the pi, and off you go!

So my NAVQ arrived yesterday, and I just feel completely lost. There is a preloaded SD card, I can see the master and demo images on there, When the navq computer boots up with a hdmi screen, it goes to a wayland terminal, upon which i can navigate around the SD card. 

I have read and reread the instructions, gitbook, searched youtube for videos, tried a few different things, im just not sure where its at. It seems like the SD is preloaded, yet nothing seems familiar when the navq boots from sd. 

If i can just install ubuntu or something familiar that i can run python etc in, I wil be fine from then on and begin progressing into my drone concepts

0 Kudos
2 Replies

iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

kayboku
Contributor I

I entered sudo apt update, in the wayland terminal, and the ubuntu appeared a lot in the updates.

SO now I realise that ubuntu (without the GUI) is installed on the sd, so I should be all good to go! 

0 Kudos