How should I connect a peripheral such as an IR sensor via I2c?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I connect a peripheral such as an IR sensor via I2c?

Jump to solution
nxf58541
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I would like to create a heat map using the AMG8833 IR Sensor and get a display in real time on a webpage. I am wondering if I can do this by connecting to the FMU like what is show in this link below or if I need to connect it to the Rapid IoT through the FMU or direclty or the Raspberry pi directly through I2C and then publish the data. Any thoughts on the best approach?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf58541
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A possible solution would be to connect the sensor to a Raspberry Pi (RPi) and serve the image data from there however you want. Next hardest, I think, would be using the rapid IoT or RPi to read the sensor and vehicle telemetery (through mavlink) to create a map. Hardest would be connecting the sensor to the FMU and write a driver that publishes with uORB messaging then susbscribe to that data on the Rapid IoT or RPi and go from there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nxf58541
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A possible solution would be to connect the sensor to a Raspberry Pi (RPi) and serve the image data from there however you want. Next hardest, I think, would be using the rapid IoT or RPi to read the sensor and vehicle telemetery (through mavlink) to create a map. Hardest would be connecting the sensor to the FMU and write a driver that publishes with uORB messaging then susbscribe to that data on the Rapid IoT or RPi and go from there.

0 Kudos