Drone wants to tip over on takeoff

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drone wants to tip over on takeoff

kayboku
Contributor I

I bought the proper hovergames drone kit, so far i'm on my 3rd FMU, due to the 1st 2 being faulty. Now i'm at the point of being able to fly, but it just seems like it wants to tip over on take off, and it physically looks like one propeller isn't spinning as fast. Buy moving the right hand stick diagonal, (a little forward and a little left), It almost wants to take off but becomes unbalanced straight away. 

Things I have tried

Checked and double checked the order, direction and numbering of the propellers from the command line. 

Calibrated the ESCs from the ESC calibration tool in the qgroundcontrol software.

Gone through everything in the Gitbook multiple times. 

Read through all the questions being asked in this forum, it looks as if others may have faulty ESCs.

Do you know how to test the ESCs separately? Is there some kind of log or way to do it? 

Or do you have suggestions of other things I should try?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

kayboku
Contributor I

I have half solved this, the helicopter does takeoff, it always seems to swing one way a little bit on takeoff, but once its off the ground it seems to be stable and fly ok, it just seems like one prop goes slowly when in idling. Which is strange. 

0 Kudos

landonh12
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If one prop is slow, that means that your drone may not be completely level before takeoff. This is normal. If there was anything wrong with one ESC or motor, the drone probably wouldn't be able to take off.

0 Kudos