Unable to import 1.4.0 created project into 1.4.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import 1.4.0 created project into 1.4.1

mitchkapa
Contributor III

I installed GUI Guider 1.4.1 (on Windows 11) and I attempted to import my project which was created with version 1.4.0.  The "Update Project" pop-up appears but then after OK is selected (before the second Updating Project window with the spinning circle appears) the program just freezes and I eventually have to kill it with the Task Manager.

I am able to import other much simpler projects that were created with 1.4.0 but not the project that I need.  And even the successfully imported ones seem to have issues such as missing text.

0 Kudos
9 Replies

johnsonsellen
Contributor I

Have you check the same thing in other windows if not I advised you change the windows then apply it. I am sure you will definitely fix it.

0 Kudos

johnsonsellen
Contributor I

The same issue I have also been facing as earlier so I tried to fixed through short my file length and it has been fix successfully so please try this one or otherwise you can get more updates

0 Kudos

mitchkapa
Contributor III

Hi, could you give more information about what files you changed and how you changed them?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

CarlosGarabito
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mitchkapa Could you provide more information? Witch MCU are you using? The log give you an error?, Can you put your log? Do you include some code which is not included in the GuiGuider?

0 Kudos

mitchkapa
Contributor III

@CarlosGarabito my project is using the LPC54S018.  I am attempting to import a GUI project I made using GUI Guider v1.4.0.  I made a copy of my full project folder that was created in v1.4.0 (because I did not want the update process to corrupt my existing work) and then I select the "Import a local project" option and select the .guiguider file.  I get the Update Project pop-up (see attached screenshot) and then as soon as OK is selected the program freezes until killed with Task Manager.  If there is any kind of log file being created I'm not sure where to find that.  I have not added any additional code to the project I am just trying to open what was created with v1.4.0.

gui_guider_import_error.png

0 Kudos

zhenhualuo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @mitchkapa,

Can you please share the project which can reproduce the issue? it will be helpful for development team to identify the root cause and fix it in upcoming release? 

Best Regards,

Zhenhua

0 Kudos

mitchkapa
Contributor III

Yes although I'll need some way to share the file privately as it is for a commercial product in development.  The size of the zipped up project folder is 48 MB.

0 Kudos

zhenhualuo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @mitchkapa,

Have you resolved the issue? if no, can you please share a simple project which can reproduce the problem? it can help us to identify the root cause and work out the solution.

Best Regards, 

Zhenhua

0 Kudos

mitchkapa
Contributor III

No this problem has not been resolved.  I did submit my project to NXP via the support portal several days ago but I have not received any further communication if the problem I am seeing has been reproducible there.

As for recreating the problem with a simple project I am afraid I don't know how to do that because I don't have any idea what aspect of my current project is causing the problem.

0 Kudos