New version 1.6.0 is buggy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New version 1.6.0 is buggy

bosnian_beast
Contributor III

New version from Aug 1st, 2023 is simulating different UI compared to what is shown in the UI edit window.

I installed version 1.6.0 and when I opened my project, I updated the project to be able to run in new version.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

bosnian_beast
Contributor III

Hi @Alice_Yang .

Thank you for the reponse. I'm sorry but my project is quite extensive and dependent on custom code.

While you're at it, can you please report to them that I would also like to be able to run "generate", "compile" and "run simulation" steps separately (maybe put three different buttons instead of Play button that runs it all?). This is useful for example when I want to edit some flags in lvgl.h. Every time I press play, it overwrites lvgl.h file because it generates it anew. 

• Having custom code protection in setup_scr_<>.c files is also important for me. For example in STMCubeMX generator we have "user code start" and "user code end" comments that protect the custom code from generation.
  • Copying widgets from one screen to another (I can only copy it within the screen)
  • GUI guider doesn't allow to give the same name to widgets in different screen (while if I manually set them to the same name in .guiguider file, it works)
  • Adding pop-up to a screen messes up the whole user interface of GUI guider (when I click to another screen, it messes up widgets from previous screen). This issue is solved by restarting GUI Guider and then avoiding clicking on the screen with a pop-up.

These are just some of the issues/features that come to my mind after using GUI Guider for over a year now. I tried to raise issues like these here before, but my posts ended up deleted or hidden by admins.

ZeroLee
Contributor I
“"generate", "compile" and "run simulation" steps separately”
I was just looking for a solution to this.
Hope this function will add soon ..
0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @bosnian_beast 

Thanks so much for your valuable suggestions, I will report to Development team.

For "GUI guider doesn't allow to give the same name to widgets in different screen (while if I manually set them to the same name in .guiguider file, it works)", I tested on my side, it seems the V1.6.0 has already  support this fucntion.

Alice_Yang_0-1691983948947.png

Alice_Yang_2-1691984020406.png

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @bosnian_beast 

Thanks for your sharing, I will report this bug to our GUI guider development team, and could you please send us your project or a simple project that can reproduce issue, thanks.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos