Regarding FreeMASTER with DEVKIT-ZVL128 at 32MHz Bus Clock.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding FreeMASTER with DEVKIT-ZVL128 at 32MHz Bus Clock.

ycage0123
Contributor II

All resisters are seems 0x0 on FreeMASTER's Variables Watch like attached picture.

Perhaps I guess debugger's clock issue because I am using DEVKIT-ZVL128 on 32MHz Bus Clock.
And I know a function Uncheck “Use Bus Clock as Debug Controller(SIBDC) Clock Source {default=Checked}”in CodeWarrior, for ecample.
Could you tell me, How can I do in this case of FreeMASTER?

6 Replies

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear user,

can you tell more about your FreeMASTER connection setup? Do you use an on-board OSBDM interface or an external one? Is it possible for you to try using an external one such as the P&E Micro Multilink?

Please go to communication plug-in setup and press the "Test Connection" button. What response do you get? 

Also, can you access any RAM location (any application variable) instead of CPU registers? Make sure the variable is set to a non-zero value and then display it in the FreeMASTER Watch view. When this variable shows zero value, I would suspect the OSBDM malfunction or driver issue.

I'm afraid FreeMASTER cannot control the "Use Bus Clock as Debug Controller Clock Source" option.

Regards,

Michal

0 Kudos

pbouten
Contributor II

Hi,

I have the same issue. See below screenshot of test connection.

P&E HCS12z.jpg

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Peter & ko ik

I have tried to replicate the issue on my side with DEVKIT-ZVL128 board and it runs properly both with the on-board OSDBM (SER01) as well as with an externally connected P&E Multilink device. 

It is possible that in my case, I have a different clock setup in the application startup code. Can you please share some minimal test application with me here (e.g. just a single variable incrementing) to try exactly what you have?

My firmware version reported by the cable is the same as yours (31.26), but still I would recommend to download and install the latest OSBDM Firmware Updater from www.pemicro.com/osbdm (use the first link named Firmware Updates & Recovery). After installing the package, run the PEFirmwareConfig.exe and update the on-board firmware. You will need to short the J17 during update. Use the CodeWarrior then to download your application again at least once using the OSBDM debug port.

Thanks,

Michal

FYI: This is my screenshot. 

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos

pbouten
Contributor II

Hello Michal,

Thank you for looking into this subject. I have uploaded a demo project https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-347023 . 

Hope you can find the issue. (I did not yet update the firmware).

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Peter,

thank you for reminding this issue. I have lost it from my radar already :smileyhappy:.

I have got some instructions from P&E on how to enable the same feature like CodeWarrior's SIBDC checkbox in the debugger settings. I did a test build of the FreeMASTER BDM plug-in for your testing. I'm attaching it here, please extract the bdmpgi.dll (version 3.27.0.0) over the one in your FreeMASTER installation "c:\NXP\FreeMASTER 3.0\FreeMASTER\plugins\bdm\bdmpgi.dll".

There is no GUI button to turn the SIBDC bit low in this prototype yet. For testing, just add ;sibdc=0 to the plug-in's connection string. After adding it, press the Configure button and try to "Test Connection". Your DEVKIT-S12ZVL application should be detected successfully. Note that if you omit the sibdc parameter in the connect string, the default behavior is the same as if this parameter is set to 1 - just like in the CodeWarrior.

Please let me know if this helps in your case. I will add some GUI checkbox to control this settings in the next release.

Thanks,

Michal

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

pbouten
Contributor II

Sorry for my late reply but it works indeed. Thank you!

0 Kudos