Reasons FreeMASTER wouldn't detect PEAK PCAN connections?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reasons FreeMASTER wouldn't detect PEAK PCAN connections?

max_perko
Contributor I

Setup:

NXP MPC5777C

FreeMASTER 3.0.3.6 (comm.protocol v3+, v4)

(1x) 120 Ohm termination resistor on my PEAK PCAN APIv4.1.0.96 (USB/CAN) connector (enough to terminate otherwise)

(See the attached .png for the error encountered.)

I cannot seem to get FreeMASTER connected via CAN bus, though my freemaster_cfg.h-file is configured appropriately and I can Rx messages appropriately via CAN bus with my board's hardware.  Are there any reasons FreeMASTER wouldn't detect PEAK PCAN connections?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Max,

it seems there is something wrong with the Windows PEAK driver. FreeMASTER cannot detect the PEAK device connected to the USB port. You need to see a valid "CAN Channel" name in the setup dialog. The word "Unknown" means the device has not been detected.

I see your driver/API version is 4.1.0.96. When I did my testing, the version I got was 4.4.0.288 (that was January 2020). 

Perhaps it could help to update the PEAK Windows drivers (especially the PCANBasic.dll) to the latest version and try again.

Thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos

Daniel_Wax
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thakks Michael

Thats a great idea.  I think It also makes sense to sanity check the CAN pins being used and memory map area defined for that particular CAN bus in the FREEMASTE confgi header file.

0 Kudos