cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiLINK can't connect MCSXTE2BK142 by OpenSDA JTAG

Jump to solution
peter_shi
Contributor II

Hi, I want to use Multilink to connect FreeMaster. It can't be connected. Please help to check how to use FreeMaster by Multilink universal PE Micro simulation. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @peter_shi,

Considering that PDBDM communication supports only Poll Driven Mode the only improvements I could think of are:

• Increase the frequency of calling `FMSTR_Poll()`. Eventually move it into a Timer interrupt routine and assign it a higher priority.

Note: according to MCAT Application Notes, it looks like the tool was designed/tested with UART communication, so the changes you are trying to make may note guarantee the same performance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @peter_shi,

According to your screenshots FreeMASTER successfully connects the target. What happens in your case is that FreeMASTER Driver is configured for UART communication, but you try to connect to the board using BDM. Although BDM does not require specific configurations, it has a limited functionality thus the host application (GUI) does not work as you would expect. I would recommend to use PD-BDM communication that is a superset of the "raw" BDM. It would require the following:

1. On the embedded project - configure FreeMASTER Driver to use PD-BDM

#define FMSTR_DISABLE          0    /* To disable all FreeMASTER functionalities */
#define FMSTR_USE_LPUART       0    /* To select LPUART communication interface */
#define FMSTR_USE_FLEXCAN      0    /* To select FlexCAN communication interface */
#define FMSTR_USE_PDBDM        1    /* To select Packet Driven BDM communication interface (optional) */

2. On the FreeMASTER (desktop) project - make sure to select PD-BDM option in the BDM configuration (for conection instructions refer to the documentation available in "C:\NXP\FreeMASTER 3.2\FreeMASTER\plugins\bdm\doc\pdbdm").

Hope it helps,
Iulian 

0 Kudos
peter_shi
Contributor II

Hi Iulian ,

Firstly, I disabled UART communication for freemaster, and enable FMSTR_USE_PDBDM.

Second, for BDM communication, Direct access to the target microcontroller memory option seems to connect micro successfully, but input voltage can't be displayed.

Third, I tried the use access using the PD-Protocaol. It can't be working.

0 Kudos
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @peter_shi,

According to your screen shots, FreeMASTER fails to find the "Communication Buffer" because you specified an invalid memory range. (0x0 - 0x1000 is outside S32K14x SRAM memory).

You can either:

1. Specify the SRAM range (Low Limit & High Limit) used by your application
    or
  2. Specify directly the Buffer Address that can be found in the map file.

Here is an example:

If you specify a valid RAM range and press "Search Address Now" button, the tool will scan that range and show buffer address if it's found:Capture2.PNG

Or you can check directly the MAP file and fill in the "Buffer Address" field and press "Test Connection" button:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

0 Kudos
peter_shi
Contributor II

0 Kudos
peter_shi
Contributor II

Hi,

I can connect demo board by PE. But the communication speed is pretty low. Is there any other configuration to speed up? Thanksmaster1.PNGmaster2.PNG

0 Kudos
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @peter_shi,

Considering that PDBDM communication supports only Poll Driven Mode the only improvements I could think of are:

• Increase the frequency of calling `FMSTR_Poll()`. Eventually move it into a Timer interrupt routine and assign it a higher priority.

Note: according to MCAT Application Notes, it looks like the tool was designed/tested with UART communication, so the changes you are trying to make may note guarantee the same performance.

0 Kudos
peter_shi
Contributor II
Thanks
0 Kudos
peter_shi
Contributor II

0 Kudos