I can't install freemaster 3.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install freemaster 3.0

geansousa
Contributor I

Hi, I'm having some difficulties installing freemaster 3.0.

A installanywhere window appears after I double click FMASTERSW30.exe. After its completion bar finishes, a window with the freemaster logo appears for about one second. Then, nothing else happens.

I'm using windows 7 and java is updated.

If I try to run the installer again, a multiple launches error appears and a log file is generated at C:\NXP\FreeMASTER 3.0\_FreeMASTER_installation\Logs. But no log is generated for the first try. 

Anyone facing this problem?

29 Replies

sushil_prabhu
Senior Contributor I

I am also having problem installing. Installations asked for an activation code. I provided the code received from the NXP support portal, and received an error message

"Error Initializing activation Library. Licensing Service not installed. (FNP error 20)

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sushil.prabhu@sparton.com,

It seems that this one is caused by FlexNet Licensing Service - either due to installation failure or OS restriction.

Could check if it was installed on your system:

• Is there a FlexNet entry in your system services list ?
    Capture3.PNG
  • Was the service executable installed in Program Files ?
    It's path should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet Publisher

If one of those holds could you start the service manually and reattempt the installation.

Could you also provide your installation log (C:\NXP\FreeMASTER 3.0\_FreeMASTER_installation\Logs).

Kind regards,

Iulian

0 Kudos

sushil_prabhu
Senior Contributor I

Julian,

Thanks for this information. FlexNet Licensing Service was not running on my PC. I started it

However, it is 64 bit and the service executable is installed in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet Publisher

Installation of the FreeMaster failed with the same error message. How can I get this working?

Thanks,

Sushil

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sushil.prabhu@sparton.com‌,

I was unable to reproduce this issue. Could you please provide installation log file for further investigation ?

Thanks,

Iulian

0 Kudos

sushil_prabhu
Senior Contributor I

Iulian

Where can find the installation log file?

Thanks,

Sushil

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Logs default location - C:\NXP\FreeMASTER 3.0\_FreeMASTER_installation\Logs.

Iulian

0 Kudos

sushil_prabhu
Senior Contributor I

I have tried installing few times. Please see the attached logs.

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sushil.prabhu@sparton.com‌,

In both cases your installation fails due to limited privileges. Here's the error message from your logs:

CLLReason [errorNo=5, errorString=Error installing the FlexNet Publisher Licensing Service and registers. Access has been denied to a resource, either a service or a file, or the registry. Administrator privilege is required to resolve this problem. (FNP error 1007), flxActMajorErrorNo=0, flxActMinorErrorNo=0, flxActSysErrorNo=0, flxCommErrorNo=1007]

Unless you run the installer as admin you won't be able to use FreeMASTER Lite.

Please note that only the Lite feature requires license validation. You can try installing FreeMASTER (main tool) by deselecting FreeMASTER Lite option on the Component Selection screen.

Kind regards,

Iulian

0 Kudos

sushil_prabhu
Senior Contributor I

Iulian

Do you have an example code that runs on IMXRT1064 that can be connected from the FreeMaster? It is not clear to me what is needed on the target in order for Free Master to communicate. I am going through the user guides, but some pointers may help me figure out things quicker. I am using MCUxpresso 11.1.0 and SDK 2.6.1.

Thanks,

Sushil

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Sushil, 

the SDK 2.7.0 packages contain FreeMASTER driver and FreeMASTER example applications demonstrating communication over Serial line, USB-CDC, CAN and PD-BDM (whatever is applicable). On top of that, FreeMASTER may also access the target microcontroller's memory directly using a runtime JTAG/BDM access.  

If you cannot find it or getting stuck with IMXRT1064, please create a new community thread and we will assist you there.

Thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos

sushil_prabhu
Senior Contributor I

Thanks, our company has IT managing the installation. So when they tried to install from my account and used their admin credentials when prompted, it did not work. When IT logged in as admin and installed the application, installation went through without any issues.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sushil

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately it should've been a 32 bit version service. I'm looking into this one and will keep you posted.

Iulian

0 Kudos

d_dicerto
Contributor I

Hi Iulian

• Yes, in the terminal i'm facing the exact same behavior
  • Yes, I've got the "Another installation" error
  • Yes, I extracted both folders

Ok, running the command you suggest works like a charm.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day

0 Kudos

d_dicerto
Contributor I

Hello everyone

I'm facing the same problem and also the solution posted by Iulian does not solve my problem.

I'm runnig on Win7 pc with java version 1.8.0241, the system is fully update.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi d.dicerto@gmail.com‌,

Unfortunately we are still unable to reproduce this issue on our side so I would like to clarify some minor details:

• When running the command in the terminal are you facing the exact same behavior ?
  • If you run it repeatedly do you get "Another installation in progress" error ?
  • Are you extracting both folders from FMATERSW30.exe ?

Could you please try running it with your version of java, just replace the the path to java.exe, ex: 

> "FreeMASTER 3.0.exe" LAX_VM "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_241\bin\java.exe".

Kind regards,

Iulian

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gean,

Could you please confirm weather you have administrative privileges on the PC you are trying to install FreeMASTER on. The installer contains a built-in JRE and does not require nor affect any existing Java distributions on the system. 

It's quite strange that it creates a folder on your C driver which happens only after user confirms installation options. Meaning it requires user input on the following screen:

Capture3.PNG

Prior to this one all processing happens in a temporary directory. 

Is it your first time installing FreeMASTER 3.0 on that PC?

Can you redownload the installer (in case it got corrupted) and try running it again. If it get's blocked make sure to terminate any previously launched processes before a new attempt:

Capture.PNG

In case it still persists could you provide additional information on your OS and PC specifications.

Kind regards,

Iulian

0 Kudos

sparkee
Contributor V

I'm having the same issue.  I've tried all of the suggested workarounds.  I've checked that java is up to date.  I've checked that windows is up to date.  I have FreeMASTER 2.5 installed but I'm having issues using it with the S32K144EVB.  It sees the board and seems to connect but then I don't see anything happening.  I may be misusing the software though.  I will start a new thread on that if needed.

Running:

Windows 10 1809 (64bit)

Java Version 1.8 Update 241 (b07)

Intel Xeon E3-1505M v6

64Gig Ram

I would attach my log file but none is created unless I try running the installation again and the get error of already having an installation instance running.  That log file shows up and details that error.  Yes I've extracted both folders.

I would also mention that I've downloaded it twice in case of file corruption.  I've also had our IT guy log in and try to install.  He tried installing on his machine and had the same issue.  I've had 3 other people in my department try installing it and all have the EXACT same outcome as me.  No log files created until trying to run a second instance of installer.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sparkee‌,

I assume you already tried running the launcher (from the unarchived folder) passing the path to your own java.exe (x64). Did you try passing the 32bit version ? If not could please try doing so. As I'm unable to reproduce it with any configuration on my side, so that would help me narrow down possible cause of this issue.   

As for the connection issue please do create a separate thread.

Thanks,

Iulian

0 Kudos

sparkee
Contributor V

So I'm not exactly sure how to pass the 32 bit version of java.  The exact command I'm using is:

\Windows>"FreeMASTER 3.0.exe" LAX_VM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_241\bin\java.exe"

I don't think I have 64 bit java installed on my system though.  Do you mean I should install 64 bit and use instead?

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, could you please install the 64bit version and use it during FreeMASTER installation.