Freemaster Lite: How do I specify a Freemaster .fmcfg configuration file for node.exe?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster Lite: How do I specify a Freemaster .fmcfg configuration file for node.exe?

adrian_neill
Contributor II

@iulian stan

I try calling node.exe with my own freemaster config, and it refuses to load any local static content.
It opens with "cannot load /" and doesn't even try to read the disk for it. 

I'm assuming the command line is "node adrian.fmcfg", but it's not shown anywhere in the documentation or tutorials or videos where to place the fmcfg file, or how to call it.

Please help!

P.S.
please Have your forums administrator whitelist the extension .fmcfg, I had to zip the file to post it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @adrian_neill,

The configuration is case sensitive. The path to the static content is "web_root" (in your file it is capitalized). I tested your config with this small change and it served the static content from the specified folder.

You can find more details about configuration in the default web content when FreeMASTER Lite is started without any input arguments, or it can be accessed offline by opening C:\NXP\FreeMASTER 3.1\FreeMASTER Lite\html\index.html in a web browser:

Capture.PNG

It covers both command line arguments:

Capture2.PNG

and file configuration:

Capture3.PNG

Regarding .fmcfg files, I'm not that security team would whitelist - I usually add .txt .or .json extension to the default one (sorry for the inconvenience) . Actually, FreeMASTER Lite does not care about file extension as long as it has a valid JSON structure - the extension is used (on Windows) to register project files with custom node.exe so it can launch automatically the executable when you double click the file.

adrian_neill
Contributor II

Oh, thanks so much, that's such a simple but obvious mistake in my config. Which I didn't think about because normally windows is case insensitive, but the node webserver is.

Any chance of adding a note about case sensitivity to the docs so my mistake isn't made by someone else?

Thanks for the great support.

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In this particular case JSON keys are case sensitivity according to JSON standard. Windows paths are indeed case insensitive, you can check it by setting "web_root" value to "C:\\nxp\\FreeMASTER 3.1\\FreeMASTER Lite\\HTML\\" for example.

Still, I understand that it's hard for end users to debug such issues so we will improve this aspect. Unfortunately it won't make into the upcoming release (in a few days), but we will include it into the next one.

Thank you for the feedback.

0 Kudos