Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster

Jump to solution
naivewei
Contributor II

Hi,

Now I do some development based on devkit-mpc5744p and MATLAB / Simulink. I want to know how to use FreeMaster to measure and calibrate the variable data in the program. Now I can only measure some data in the address column through FreeMaster (as shown in the figure). How can I make the data variable appear in the address column and how can I calibrate these variables?

Look forward to your reply

Thanks

naivewei_0-1626919735535.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

please note that FreeMASTER is only able to use global and static variables which have fixed RAM address assigned. I think the variables you do not see in the list are a local on-stack variables. So if possible, make the variables static and reload the ELF file.

Regards,
Michal

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

please note that FreeMASTER is only able to use global and static variables which have fixed RAM address assigned. I think the variables you do not see in the list are a local on-stack variables. So if possible, make the variables static and reload the ELF file.

Regards,
Michal

naivewei
Contributor II

Thank you for your answer, Mitchell.

By using the data store memory module, I can find the corresponding variable name in the drop-down list, but when I calibrate the variable, I find that after changing the calibration value, it immediately changes back to the original value, and it seems that it has not been burned into the development board. As shown in the figure below, the test model I built has not achieved the expected effect, I changed the value of Measure1 in Freemaster, but the value of Measure3 associated with it has not changed. What should I do to make the variable value in the development board change with the variable value in Freemaster?

Look forward to your reply

THANKS

naivewei_2-1627547737212.png

naivewei_0-1627547633751.png

naivewei_1-1627547681620.png

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello, 

I can see that your variable is at address 0x40000e99 - this is okay, it is a RAM space, so modification should be possible.

I guess the it is the MCU application itself which forces your values back to original values as soon as they are modified by FreeMASTER. As a quick test, you can declare any temporary variable in the application which is not related to your algorithm, and try to modify this one. 

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos
naivewei
Contributor II

Hello,
I'd like to ask what data types Freemaster supports to measure and calibration. I can't measure single type variables with freemaster now. I don't know what the value displayed in freemaster means.

Regards

naivewei_0-1627629533415.pngnaivewei_1-1627629559007.pngnaivewei_2-1627629583011.png

0 Kudos