Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster use case on S32G

Jump to solution
asap
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi there,

I saw FreeMaster tool provided driver for S32G M7 core through UART. did you know which kind of parameter you can use this driver to monitor the M7? Where could I find discussions on the S32G FreeMaster use case?

take an example, if we you S32G2 M7 core to do the CAN FD slow path, can we use FreeMater tool lively to monitor the slow path dataflow or not? since S32G provdied ADC and timer, can we use FreeMater to configure that peripherals on the S32G?

thank you for your advise.

Albert
0 Kudos
1 Solution
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Albert,

There is no specific use case for S32G. If you are new to FreeMASTER I could recommend checking the following webinarsThere you can find the functionalities currently supported by FreeMASTER and decide whether it fits your needs.

To reply your question about CAN, let me summarize what FreeMASTER does - it reads and writes variables values from/to your embedded applications. Meaning it is not an Out Of the Box monitoring tool, but rather a framework for a wide range of tools.

• First, your embedded application should collect and store the values or statistics of interest in some global variables.
  • Then, you add FreeMASTER Driver to be able to connect your board to the Host PC.
  • Next, you use FreeMASTER Desktop tool to read and display those values in a raw format or as a chart (to track their evolution in time).
    Note: read and display are taken just as an example. FreeMASTER is not limited just to these two operations. 
  • And that's were your project in FreeMASTER becomes a monitoring tool.

Hope it helps,
Iulian

View solution in original post

1 Reply
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Albert,

There is no specific use case for S32G. If you are new to FreeMASTER I could recommend checking the following webinarsThere you can find the functionalities currently supported by FreeMASTER and decide whether it fits your needs.

To reply your question about CAN, let me summarize what FreeMASTER does - it reads and writes variables values from/to your embedded applications. Meaning it is not an Out Of the Box monitoring tool, but rather a framework for a wide range of tools.

• First, your embedded application should collect and store the values or statistics of interest in some global variables.
  • Then, you add FreeMASTER Driver to be able to connect your board to the Host PC.
  • Next, you use FreeMASTER Desktop tool to read and display those values in a raw format or as a chart (to track their evolution in time).
    Note: read and display are taken just as an example. FreeMASTER is not limited just to these two operations. 
  • And that's were your project in FreeMASTER becomes a monitoring tool.

Hope it helps,
Iulian