Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDM Nexus2+ memory access does not work

Jump to solution
jobu
Contributor II

Dear all,

I try to use MPC5748G (silicon version 1N81M) with freemaster version 3.0.2.6 with option "BDM connection Nexus2+ memory access". I use PE micro Multilink Universal FX debugger. I can establish a proper connection to MPC5748G ("Test Connection" reports no problems). But all variables I'm watching returns 0. If I use option "background memory access" everything works as expected. 

Whats wrong here?

Regards

Jörg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
juan_see
Contributor III

Hi all, 

PEmicro has updated the Multilink FX firmware that addresses the issue. The latest firmware can be downloaded from the link below. It is the multilink_resources_install.exe which includes Firmware 11.09. You can also use the PEFirmwareConfig.exe utility from the install to update the Multilink FX firmware. 

https://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

View solution in original post

26 Replies
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Jörg, 

I have enabled the JTAG clock speed to be specified when Nexus2+ mode is selected. Please extract the plugin DLL from attached ZIP and replace the existing file in c:\NXP\FreeMASTER 3.0\FreeMASTER\plugins\bdm. The JTAG Clock Speed field should be editable in the new version. Specify value in kHz, it will be internally re-calculated to a divider value N in range 0..31 supported by P&E interfaces (Multilink, Cyclone and Lightning only)

For USB Multilink, the calculation is (the formula is different for Cyclone and Lightning):

N = (1000 / Clock_kHz) - 1

Clock_kHz = 1000 / (N+1)

In the old plugin version, the N was set to 2 for USB Multilink. So the JTAG clock was fixed at 333 kHz. I'm really curious if setting a lower values will help in your case.

Thanks,

Michal

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
jobu
Contributor II

Dear Michal,

unfortunately also this doesn't help.

So now I'm out of ideas for further investigations. I will buy a new board and give it a try. I let you know about the results, but this can take a while. Nevertheless thank you very much for your support...

Regards

Jörg

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

OK Jörg. I'm sorry I could not help. Please let me know as soon as you test the new board.

I'd recommend to use the FreeMASTER over serial line which should work well.

Regards,

Michal

0 Kudos
jobu
Contributor II

Dear Michal,

in the meantime I have bought a DEVKIT-MPC5748G latest revision. But same result doesn’t work.

So I have contacted PEmiro for help (see https://www.pemicro.com/forums/forum.cfm?forum_topic_id=7410). With ICDPPCNEXUS real-time view its working fine. As suggested by PEmicro could you please check which version of unit_ppcnexus.dll you have used for your tests…

Regards
Jörg

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Jorg,

my colleague has been able to connect to MPC5748G device using the Nexus2+ mode and he was able to read and write registers properly. His mask set is 0N78S though. I will try to find out if this could make any difference.

Anything new on your side?

Thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Jörg,

we are checking this failure internally. Please be patient.

Thank you,

Michal

0 Kudos