Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWB for communication and positioning in the same time

Jump to solution
RG30
Contributor I

Hi

Can the tag and anchor from the "MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040" send custom user DATA between them by using the UWB communication (not BLE) while reading the "Ranging" and "AoA" data between them?

Do you support it in your SDK? 

Does the SR040 have external interface for communication with the user, something like UART,i2C,GPIO?

thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Low_Orbit
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello RG30,

This is technically possible as we have done this before.

Sending custom data while ranging and AoA is not possible with the NXP MW yet, because it is not part FiRa spec.

An alternative would be to use one session for ranging, and another for data.

-Does the SR040 have external interface for communication with the user, something like UART,i2C,GPIO?
The NXP SR040 has an SPI interface. This SPI interface is usually connected to a host MCU.
The "UWB Tag SR040" that is included in the MK kit is equipped with an SR040 connected to a  QN9090, via SPI.
The QN9090 on the "UWB Tag SR040" can communicate via a UART interface with external devices.

I hope that answers your questions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Low_Orbit
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello RG30,

This is technically possible as we have done this before.

Sending custom data while ranging and AoA is not possible with the NXP MW yet, because it is not part FiRa spec.

An alternative would be to use one session for ranging, and another for data.

-Does the SR040 have external interface for communication with the user, something like UART,i2C,GPIO?
The NXP SR040 has an SPI interface. This SPI interface is usually connected to a host MCU.
The "UWB Tag SR040" that is included in the MK kit is equipped with an SR040 connected to a  QN9090, via SPI.
The QN9090 on the "UWB Tag SR040" can communicate via a UART interface with external devices.

I hope that answers your questions.

0 Kudos