What's the effect of .optimize_iasm on/off, .iasm_sideeffects on/off, .iasm_reg2regsetcopyflag and .iasm_use__LSR16_STOL_IASM02 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the effect of .optimize_iasm on/off, .iasm_sideeffects on/off, .iasm_reg2regsetcopyflag and .iasm_use__LSR16_STOL_IASM02 ?

Lorenzo_Mch_IT
Contributor IV

Hello all,

Looking into source files part of the 56800E runtimes of codewarrior 11, in file

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v11.0\MCU\M56800E Support\msl\MSL_C\DSP_56800E\inc\intrinsics_56800E.h 

I found usage of the following inline assembler directives:

.optimize_iasm

.iasm_sideeffects

.iasm_reg2regsetcopyflag

.iasm_use__LSR16_STOL_IASM02 

Searching in the documentation I've found only a reference to .optimize_iasm in 

"CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers V11.x Digital Signal Controller Build Tools Reference Manual"

saying:

To optimize a block of inline assembly source code, use the inline assembly
directive .optimize_iasm on before the code block. Then use the directive .optimize_iasm
off at the end of the block. (Omitting .optimize_iasm off means that optimizations
continue to the end of the function.)

But it's not clear what kind of optimizations are performed.

The other directives have no documentation at all.

Where can I find more information about the effect of those directives ?

Are there other inline assembler directives that may be useful to developers ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Lorenzo_Mch_IT
Contributor IV

Thank you.  ^__^

Lorenzo 

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Lorenzo,

The intrinsic functions defined in intrinsics_56800E.h are implemented in inline assembly language, user can call them based on the format in intrinsics_56800E.h, but we do not have the documentation for the instruction or pseudo instruction for the inline assembly language.

sorry for not helping you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

Lorenzo_Mch_IT
Contributor IV

First of all thank you for your effort, I guess that some of the documentation got lost in the toolchain change of ownership (Metrowerks --> Freescale --> NXP) ; as an alternative, is there a way to pass a request for infomation to the current developers/maintainers of the DSC toolchain ? At least them should know about it or be able to check in the sources.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Lorenzo

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Lorenzo,

I have asked the CW expert team for the documentation, I will give you a reply shortly after I get answer.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos