cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use the PWM value of MCU and DPsource in common

Jump to solution
yamakatb
Contributor III

I am currently checking the device operation of PTN3460I.

I want to adjust the brightness of both the I2C master and the DP source.
To do this, both settings must be the same.

Question.
Is it possible to get the rewritten PWM Value via DPCD registers (0x722 & 0x723) in the Configuration Register (0x90 & 0x91)?

After the reset is released, you can read the DefaultValue by reading the Configuration Registers (0x90 & 0x91) and DPCD registers (0x722 & 0x723).

When I rewrote the Configuration Registers (0x90 & 0x91) with I2C-bus master, I was able to confirm the change in brightness.
You can also read the rewritten PWM Value with Configuration Registers (0x90 & 0x91).

The PWM Value rewritten by I2C-bus master could also be read by DPCD registers (0x722 & 0x723).

Next, when I rewrote the DPCD registers (0x722 & 0x723) again with I2C-Over-Aux, I was able to confirm the change in brightness.
You can read the rewritten PWM Value with DPCD registers (0x722 & 0x723),
In the Configuration Register (0x90 & 0x91), the PWM Value rewritten in the previous Configuration Register (0x90 & 0x91) could be read.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yamakatb
Contributor III

Hi @guoweisun 
Thank you for your reply

The PWM value rewritten using DPCD registers cannot be read from the Configuration Register, and the PWM value rewritten using the Configuration Register last time can be read.

Is it necessary to somehow update the Configuration Register after accessing it from the DPCD registers?

Since the operation of DPCD registers access and Configuration Register has been confirmed independently, I think that there is no problem with the access method, but is there any other possible cause for the register value not changing?

Best regards,
yamakatb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can use the DPCD tool to read then write these registers.

0 Kudos
yamakatb
Contributor III

Hi @guoweisun 

Do "these registers" refer to both DPCD registers and Configuration Registers?

Where can I get the DPCD tool?

Best regards,
yamakatb

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can use the DPCD tool to write then read this registers.

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Q:

Is it possible to get the rewritten PWM Value via DPCD registers (0x722 & 0x723) in the Configuration Register (0x90 & 0x91)?

A:Yes,I think it's.

0 Kudos
yamakatb
Contributor III

Hi @guoweisun 
Thank you for your reply

The PWM value rewritten using DPCD registers cannot be read from the Configuration Register, and the PWM value rewritten using the Configuration Register last time can be read.

Is it necessary to somehow update the Configuration Register after accessing it from the DPCD registers?

Since the operation of DPCD registers access and Configuration Register has been confirmed independently, I think that there is no problem with the access method, but is there any other possible cause for the register value not changing?

Best regards,
yamakatb

0 Kudos