cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The debugger can not connect to the P&E device

engineer12
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using MC56F82748VLH MCU and I recently installed the CodeWarrior v11.0 on my Windows 10. I also installed the P&E driver for the Multilink Universal.

Unfortunately, after building the project the debugging process can not be completed. I believe that the specs of my laptop are much higher than the minimum requirements (8GB RAM and i5 7th Gen processor) so I believe the problem is not in the computer. The errors I get are as follows (can also be seen in the attached files):

"Error launching MC56F827...._SDM_Universal_Multilink. GDI Protocol fatal error: Unknown Fault. The debugger can not connect to the P&E device."

"An error occurred while connecting to the interface hardware or target specified in the Launch Configuration Dialog. For this launch, you may retry/re-specify the connection with the following parameters:

-UMultilink Universal Rev C

-OSJTAG"

Do you know how can I resolve this issue and is the Windows 10 compatible with CW11 an P&E software?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

mohammad_kamil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello  Ivan P, we are using CW11 with Win10 machine, and we dont see such issue that you are facing. hence can you please share your code to test at my bench. 

With Regards

Kamil

0 Kudos

engineer12
Contributor II

Hi Kamil,

I am trying to run the example code, which runs on another 2 computers operating on Windows 7 and 8.1. I have tried running the CW11 on Windows 10 on 3 devices and it never worked! I always get the same error - P&E Connection Assisstant - An error occurred while connecting to the interface hardware.. (same as in the attached picture).

I updated the CodeWarrior to 11.0.1 but still no success. In the Device Manager under the Jungo section I can see: pemicrowindvr, USB Multilink 2.0 and WinDriver where the three drivers/devices are working properly and are updated to the last version.

I believe it is a driver issue, because the same configuration and code works well on windows 8.1 or win7.

Do you have other suggestions?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

mohammad_kamil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello  Ivan, as you are saying it never worked for you, hence is it possible to uninstall all the drivers and CW and install it again and check. or have you tried this already.

With Regards

Kamil

0 Kudos

engineer12
Contributor II

Hello Kamil,

Thank you for your advice.

Yes, I have tried to reinstall the CW a few times, but that does not resolve my issue. X.R. the drivers are the same as yours.

After the debugging failed 100times, on the 101 time it worked for no reason. I removed the jumpers on the OSBDM J21 but I am not sure if that helped.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos

mohammad_kamil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ivan P, here you  go. As XiangJun Rong you have to remove J20, and J21, and this is already mentioned in Quick Start Guide (QSG) of TWR card.

With Regards

Kamil

0 Kudos

engineer12
Contributor II

Hi,

Without removing the J21, the tower board was working well with windows 7 and 8.1! Opening the J20 and J21 simply removes the debugging function via OSBDM in the CodeWarrior, but it does not affect the operation of the Multilink. I looked in the Quick Start Guide, but the guide does not say to remove the jumpers J20 and J21 in order to make Multilink work.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Ivan

As the schematics of TWR-56F8200, the JTAG signals from OSBDM processor drive the JTAG pins of MC56F82748 via tri-state gate, if you open J20, the tri-state gates will be in high impedance state, then the Multilink universal can drive the JTAG pins even if J21 is closed. In order to protect the circuit, if you use Multilink universal device, you'd better open the J20 and J21.

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Ivan,

If you use TWR-56F8200 board and use Multilink Universal device, you have to open the J21 and J20.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Ivan,

This is the Multilink Universal device usb driver on my PC, which install Win10 and CodeWarrior for mcu ver11.

I do not know if it is helpful for you.

BR

XiangJun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos