取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

MCUXpresso support for MC56F parts

1,280 次查看
jjt
Contributor I

Is there any real support for MC56F parts? (specifically the MC56F8322 and MC56F8256)

I don't mean this to be a snarky question, I have downloaded the DSC8.3 IDE (so old it doesn't like 64bit Win10), tried getting the CW11.1 download (chat support was unable to tell me how to add MC56F to my licensed K60 CW for MCU install) and when I try the latest and greatest MCUXpresso IDE and try to Install a SDK from within the IDE it can't find the part and when I build and download the SDK zip I get the following:

jjt_0-1670013779895.png

Is support for these parts really this bad?

Is there a way to download the latest build tools (assembler, compiler, linker) and just use a makefile?

0 项奖励
5 回复数

1,224 次查看
Ben
Senior Contributor I

jjt, in addition to what rong wrote, he is talking about 56F83xxx family, but you wrote 2 old chips 82xx and 83xx.

They are supported by CW11 SW and I am very satisfied with its activity.

You just have to make sure that you added the patch to support the all the supported DSC chips.

Maybe I did not understand you...please specify

Ben

0 项奖励

1,267 次查看
Lorenzo_Mch_IT
Contributor IV

If you already installed CW for MCU with K60 support, maybe the default install/upgrade settings are set for K60 only.
Have you tried looking deeper in the "install new software..." options and enable the toolchains/tools/libraries for other MCUs ?

Try again with CW for MCU, select menu "Help" then "Install New Software..", select the NXP update site as shown below:
screenshot.jpg

(the image above shows my update status, your dialog will look different, change the checkbox settings in the bottom of the dialog to view other optional installations).

Or maybe it's a problem due to the license for K60 not allowing to select other MCUs, have you tried with a separate clean installation of CW for MCU using the "free license" option ?

Besides this, it seems like current  DSC MC56F hardware and software tools are in long term maintenance mode.
Toolchain is still the original Metrowerks one, but at least it gets periodic bugfixes and small improvements, CW for MCU is still based on an old Eclipse release, etc. etc.
Hopefully they will add support for it on MCUXpresso, but if they plan to do it it seems it's a very low priority task compared to support for their new ARM cores.
What I can see from outside is that most of NXP new MCU products are ARM based, with PowerPC, DSC, etc. slowly phased out.

0 项奖励

1,270 次查看
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, the MCUXpresso tools does not support DSC family, you have to use CodeWarrior for MCU ver11.x to develop DSC family project.

I suppose that you have download SDK for DSC and the CodeWarrior for MCU tools ver11.x, I mark the steps to import an example in SDK, pls try to follow it up to load an example in SDK driver.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1670202436202.png

0 项奖励

1,279 次查看
jjt
Contributor I

FWIW: It appears the SDK is missing the toolchain. What's the mechanism to install the MC56F toolchain?(build tools)

jjt_0-1670014040181.png

0 项奖励

1,261 次查看
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I attach the user manual which demos how to load SDK example project in CodeWarrior for MCU ver11.x tools

Pls follow up it to load example in SDK to CW tools.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 项奖励