Looking for more detailed information about 56800EX core and its C/C++/assembly toolchain

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for more detailed information about 56800EX core and its C/C++/assembly toolchain

Lorenzo_Mch_IT
Contributor IV

Hello,

I'm working on a product based on DSC 56F84789, I need to have deeper information about it.

Documents DSP56800ERM.pdf (DSP56800E and DSP56800EX Core Reference Manual),  MC56F847XXRM.pdf (MC56F847xx Reference Manual, Rev. 2, 3/2016 ) and MCU_DSC_Compiler.pdf  (CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers V11.x Digital Signal Controller Build Tools Reference Manual, Rev. 11.x, 10/2019) contain lots of useful information and the same applies to the related application notes, but there are things missing or not very clear here an there.

I was wondering if it is possible (for example, by signing an NDA) to have access to more details, or even better, to the source code of DSC assembler, linker and compiler to check what's actually going on with some code I'm working on.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Lorenzo,

If you have all the docs: DSP56800ERM.pdf, MC56F847XXRM.pdf, MCU_DSC_Compiler.pdf and data sheet of MC56F847xx, I think it is okay to develop the code either using C or assembly. Frankly speaking, we do not have the other documentation which can guide customer.

sorry for not helping you

BR

XiangJun Rong

Lorenzo_Mch_IT
Contributor IV

Hi, XiangJun,
thank you for your reply, at least now I know there is no other documentation available to customers, it would have spared me more tests but at least now I know where to focus my efforts.

Best Regards

Lorenzo Micheletto

0 Kudos