How to start debugging with Mc56f83000-evk and using JM60 micro-controller?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start debugging with Mc56f83000-evk and using JM60 micro-controller?

yangjieyong
Contributor I

I cannot use the routine debug in Mc56f83000-evk Demo Examples v1.1.exe to connect to the Mc56f83000-evk board.However, it can be downloaded using u-mutilink, but this will cause the customer assessment Mc56f83000-evk to require it.Could you tell me where the problem is?Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Yang,

Obviously, the CodeWarrior for MCU tools you have installed has issue, which lacks of OSJTAG driver. I suggest you uninstall all the CodeWarrior tools, then reinstall the CodeWarrior for MCU tools based on the documentation.

There is not independent OSJTAG driver as far as I know.

BR

XiangJun Rong

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/INSTALL-CODEWARRIOR-MC56F83XXX.pdf 

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Yang,

If you want to connect the FRDM-56F83000 board via a USB cable to download/debug, you have to connect J8 USB connector to PC via a USB cable. Secondly, you have to close the J11 jumper with 4 jumpers. I attach a picture for the jumper configuration for the board.

For the CW for mcu ver11.x, you have to select the *****_OSJTAG device as the following fig.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

yangjieyong
Contributor I

Hi Rong,

Many thanks for your replying!

But the OSJTAG device was not found in my CW11.1.I also try to update the latest software is also no.Could you please help provide the device driver of OSJTAG?Thank you very much!pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Yang,

When you create a project, can you see the "Open Source JTAG"  option as the following fig? If you check the "Open Source JTAG", the ***_OSJTAG  will appear.

BR

XiangJun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

yangjieyong
Contributor I

Hi Rong,

Thank you for your reply!The routine in Mc56f83000-evk Demo Examples v1.1.exe does not add "Open Source JTAG".How do I add to an already built project?According to your suggestion, the new project can be found and burned.

Another question is, as shown in figure4, what is the difference between these?Thanks!

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Yang,

I see your issue, there are a lot of troubles when user installs CW tools and patch, maybe the tools you have installed has issue.

The AE team wrote a documentation which focuses on how to install the CW tools and patch.Pls download it from the following link, pls refer to it.

Hope it can help you

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/INSTALL-CODEWARRIOR-MC56F83XXX.pdf 

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos