Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcf5441x, esdhc, BLKATTR question

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hi all,

working on a Linux driver for this module,

on CMD 18 (and other), from the upper layer, i am getting a value of 0x1200 (4608) for block size (BLKSZE field).

As a bit-width, this value can be applied, but wondering if it is legal, and what it can cause, since datasheet shows a maximum of 4096.

Thanks

Regards,

Angelo

2 Replies

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hi Tom,

many thanks,

i reply so late since there is always something that delay my coldfire activity :smileysad:

Yes the same seems to be actually done by

host->sdma_boundary = 0;

I checked sdhci-of-esdhc.c and also tried to have working sdhci-esdhc-imx.c, it seems both are for esdhc but there are some issues with them,

- sdhci-of-esdhc.c is for devicetree (of) and m68k is still stuck on platform board.c, of course i can add platform support in it, but not sure it's welcome, then there was some other reasons i don't remember right now,

- coldfire controller has some oddities and different bitfields from imx, and it is actually resultied easier, and less risky, to issue a new < 200 lines mcf driver. I am trying this way, but of course community is able to block it. Until now, they seems to agree my approach.

Hopefully in few days i should be able to come back on this.

Thanks

Angelo

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Angelo,

Does this issue always happen?

Have you tried with different board? If another board still with the same issue?

Thanks for more detailed info.

Have a great day,
Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos