New kit M52223EVB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New kit M52223EVB

ggranville
Contributor I

I  am just starting with my kit and I was looking for simple sample code to get started for the serial ports any direction would be great.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Bartington
Contributor I
if you create a project in codewarrior, Uart unity.c should be in the 'support files' folder. And if you look in codewarrior root folder there is a 'codewarrior example' folder. The uart.c from the evb5213 is valid as both evb's (5213 and 52223) have the same uart module ( most of the modules are the same between the two micro (symbols might be different though)).
0 Kudos

ggranville
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply I was able to get the uart working with my project sample once I relized that the project built a uart version as well as a rom version. My biggest problem was how the tools worked I was more familiar with GCC projects and not the code warrior IDE. My next project will be to get a Device USB type working and be able to send up 4 32bit counter values as fast as I can should be interesting any thoughts at witch sample would be a good starting point?

0 Kudos

Bartington
Contributor I
Actually, that is what i'm working on.
a good starting point is the example pointed at on this page http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CFCOMM&message.id=1091
I strongly suggest that you also download the USB2 and  On The Go specifications (particularly Chapter 9) as well as the datasheet of the MAX3353.

from what you've downloaded from the forum link Check Usb.c

Good luck and let me know how you're doing it might help me too

0 Kudos

ggranville
Contributor I

Thanks for the direction this looks good. I look forward to playing with it but for now I am really looking for device side stuff. If I looked at this right this is all Host stuff correct? Is there some device side stuff or is that all there is? I will be plugging my device on this project in to a PC to send an application data.

Thanks GG

0 Kudos

Bartington
Contributor I
Obviously you missed that link (copy both lines)

you sould have host and slave examples.
Slave( pull up resistors are set, no need to control VBus)
host(Pull down resistors, need to control VBus)
for Protocol see USB specs chapter 9
and Ref Manual for EndPoint settings

that should help a little
0 Kudos

ggranville
Contributor I
I get this error when trying to download after i accept the terms of the agreement looks like its down right now i get the same thing when i try to navigate from there website as well. I will keep trying to get it though.

We're Sorry, ...

An error has occurred while processing your request.

The data you are looking for may have been moved to a different location on the site. Please go to the Freescale home page to search for or access this content.
0 Kudos

Bartington
Contributor I
I don't get any error and i'm downloading it fine so you might have a problem.
give me your email address, i'll forward it.

0 Kudos