My collection of CF Lite (V3.2) modifications that I believe make it better...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My collection of CF Lite (V3.2) modifications that I believe make it better...

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

I have been using Coldfire Lite for about a year now, starting with V2, then V3.0 and now V3.2. During that time I have run into a number of issues which I have tried to solve the best I could. I have posted some of those modifications here already in the past weeks/months.

I have now collected all these modifications in a single document (see attachment). I haven't put a lot of time in the formatting of the document, I just made sure everything is there with some explanation.

I will also send this document to Freescale using a service request so they may consider using the modifications in future releases of Coldfire Lite.

If you're interested, I can always send you a copy of Coldfire Lite V3.2 with all modifications applied. Just send me a message with a request.

cf_lite_mods.pdf

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-08-28 04:35 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

I have found a couple of important bugs in my modifications. Actually it is one bug that appears twice. These bugs are described in this thread:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CFCOMM&thread.id=6770&view=by_date_asce...

0 Kudos

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

You can find a ZIP file with the current modified version of ColdFire Lite 3.2 for download here:

http://www.mvdh.be/CF_Lite_3.2_patched_20090506.zip

This downloadable version ONLY contains 5223x and 52259 CPU's as target, as those are the only ones I personally have available. Some modifications may work on other targets too, however. 
0 Kudos

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

I have added some more functionality to the code. This version will also restart DHCP automatically every minute when DHCP client is active and when it is not in the BOUND state.

For more explanation see the messages above. I will update the cf_lite_mods document when I have some more time. In the mean time, the new updated version of ColdFire Lite  3.2 can be downloaded here:

http://www.mvdh.be/CF_Lite_3.2_patched_20090507.zip

The previous version has been removed from the server.

0 Kudos

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I
Please refer to *this* thread for a more recent download.
0 Kudos

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

Apparently the images in the PDF file I attached to previous message aren't very readable due to high image compression. I have attached the original MS Word document here which has better readability...

cf_lite_mods.doc

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-08-28 04:35 PM
0 Kudos

RichTestardi
Senior Contributor II

Thanks for packaging that up and sharing it, Marc!!!

I'll eventually be using Ethernet on the '59 as well, and that will be invaluable!

-- Rich

0 Kudos