cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max number of task

MCF52233
Contributor III

Hi to all,

I just want to knw dat how many max. task can be created in MCF52233 with ColdFire

Is there any calculation available???? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

scifi
Senior Contributor I

I am assuming that you are referring to 'tasks' of a multitasking operating system?

Then, the answer to your question depends on which operating system is used. I think that most practical OS's have some limits on the number of tasks (like 32 or 255) to simplify implementation. But I can easily imagine an OS where the number of tasks would be limited only by available memory.

0 Kudos

ChrisJohns
Contributor I

RTEMS is such an operating system. You can configure the number of resources, eg tasks, semaphores, or you can configure an unlimited number. The limit is the amount of RAM you make available. RTEMS also supports deterministic switching under load. For a test I have configured systems with 9000 tasks and 3000 sockets. That was a PC with 1G of memory.

0 Kudos

MCF52233
Contributor III

Thanks for ur answer. 

Number of task is definitely depend upon d resources available to each task.

I'm using MCF52233DEMO board with default O.S. (Coldfire ) 

It is good to knw how many task is supported so other user can also get information regarding 

d same.

Thanks once again for ur answer.

0 Kudos

Lakshmi
Contributor II

Hi Abhiji,

I also have used MCF52233 for one of my projects. You probably can create up to 4 or 5 tasks approx.

We have craeted abot 3 app tasks & there is one Net main task already dedictated for network purpose.

0 Kudos