MC68332ACEH25 can be remplaced MC68332GCEH25?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC68332ACEH25 can be remplaced MC68332GCEH25?

christianlara
Contributor III

I need to repair/chance processor of a lot of cards the:   originally mounted(no avaliable): MC68332ACEH25 can be remplaced? by an option 1(more avaliable):MC68332GCEH25  or the   option2: MC68332GCEH20 of  option3:(almost not avaliable):MC68332ACEH20. i appretiate  help  thanks.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

yibbidy
Contributor V

Hi Christian,

Out of curiosity I quickly checked the availablilty of your original part and found that DigiKey have 378 of them in stock.

Cheers, Shaun

christianlara
Contributor III

i buy it just there in digikey  but it was very very very hard to reach UPS to my place and the taxes payments another trouble, two month in total to get 3 processors form digikey,  i prefer mouser  just 5 days, but here only have the numparts i mencioned.

0 Kudos

yibbidy
Contributor V

Element14 have the 20MHz part, X-ON (x-on.com.au) have the original part also, if that helps at all.

yibbidy
Contributor V

From memory, the 'A' or 'G' options refer to the microcode ROM version in the TPU, the 'A' being for automotive and the 'G' being for motion control.  If your application uses the TPU then they cannot be interchanged but they probably can if the TPU is not used.

The '25' is the rated speed of the part in Mhz.  If your boards are clocked at 20MHz or less then it should be okay to use the '20' part, otherwise results and reliablity will be unpredictable.  Seeing that they originally used the 25MHz part, your boards are probably clocked at 25MHz.

Good luck.

Shaun

christianlara
Contributor III

thank you so much

0 Kudos