LTIB not generating .ko module file (ltib-mcf547x-8x-20070107)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTIB not generating .ko module file (ltib-mcf547x-8x-20070107)

RicardoCazettaM
Contributor I

Hi!

I'm trying to generate a modified can4linux module for mcf5485evb. But after LTIB suceeds building, I cannot find a .ko module file in rootfs (nor in rootfs.tmp).

I'm able to modify the can4linux source code and i can compile it. I think i'm modifying the correct files because when I put code errors in the source files, ltib fails to compile showing the error. Therefore I guess i'm working in the right place.

But after ltib finishes building, I didn't find a module.

In kernel configuration I mark CAN0 under FlexCan support as <M>.

I'm using ltib-mcf547x-8x-20070107 with kernel version 2.6.10. I'm afraid I cannot change these because I'm working in a relatively stable product and only need a minor modification in this driver.

Can anyone point me a way to make this possible, or show me what I'm doing wrong?

Please, ask me any other information needed.

Thanks in advance!!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

toucan
Contributor II

The point here is that the CAN has to be built into the kernel image instead of a loadable module. It is the default configuration for M5485evb.

RicardoCazettaM
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply, Kaidong.

So you're telling me that it's impossible to generate a loadable module for this peripheral? Even changing it's default configuration in the kernel config (./ltib -c) to <M>?

Is there any workaround I can do to be able to compile this module?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

toucan
Contributor II

Actually it's not just the configuration file you need to touch to build the CAB module, you have to modify some source files to make it. So it's better to build the CAN function into the kernel. This is the decision made by the development team too.

Thanks,

Kevin

RicardoCazettaM
Contributor I

Ok, I think I'll give up making this module. At least for now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos