Implementing SD Card on CW10.6 Via Processor Expert and MCF51QE128 CFv1 MCU - help!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing SD Card on CW10.6 Via Processor Expert and MCF51QE128 CFv1 MCU - help!

jmullen_condose
Contributor III

Hello there!

I have a working system (security keypad application) using MCF51QE128CLH MCU (64 pin) running with an 8MHz external crystal, needed for backwards compatibility with some legacy systems we still support. I could swap this and run it much faster for this new application, not a problem at all, but I don't think this is my current problem.

It used SPI2 for a Touchscreen device currently, SPI1 is not used and the pins are free on the MCU.

I wish to add a MicroSD Card to the PCB. The connections are pretty easy, and I added this to turn on the Pullup on MISO, as I read this pullup is needed to get the SD card started into SPI mode.

//Needed for SPI MISO to SD Card interface

setReg8Bits(PTEPE, 0x04);   //turn on PTE2 Pullup ON

So far, so good.

After trying to figure out the Pex settings, adding SD_Card and an SPI controller Component, I found setting information here on:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/05/26/tutorial-data-logger-with-the-frdm-k64f-board/

Due to the current 8MHz crystal on the PCB, I am using 125Khz for low speed and 2MHZ for high speed for the SPI to SD.

This article was very good, but it is for Kinetis but I am using CW10.6 and ColdfireV1 MCU, so much of the setting procedure is different with my CFv1 Pex Beans. I have spent enough time on this now that I have just been throwing combinations of settings at it, trying to get it to work, which clearly is not the best way!

Therefore, has anyone successfully added SD Card to a CFv1 MCU like my MCF51QE128 and can spell out the exact Pex settings for me, or knows of a clear step-by-step tutorial to implement this for my MCU and CW10.6 Pex beans? Erich's excellent K64F is not quite enough to get my understanding over the finish line.

Cheers!

<jeff>

0 Kudos
2 Replies

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry this is not with processor expert 

but please check the following application note, it can help you

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4115.pdf

Have a good day.

0 Kudos

jmullen_condose
Contributor III

Thank you!
Actually, the problem seems definitely to be that the SPI1 is NOT moving to the PTE pins. 

I will post that question as a separate issue in a moment.

Cheers!
<jeff>

0 Kudos